Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't get me wrong on this (As I luv my Ridge) But I do find this as a inconvenient feature (page 253 Owners Manual) Changing wiper blades no big deal, but for cleaning the windshield and removal of snow,leaves or other debris not so great. But yet again the windshield wiper nozzels located under the hood do help the spray pattern under windy conditions (not broken up as quickly) Ridge you have motivated the truck industry to a new level, my opinion and prediction # 1 in the mid size class ( but must say there will allways be the ones that can't see the forest for the trees)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I luv my RL too, but I agree with you that the design of the wipers isn't very good. I had to dig them out when a pile of snow fell off the roof, and not being able to tilt them out when cleaning is a major inconvenience. I guess Honda can't do it all right.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
AHart said:
I luv my RL too, but I agree with you that the design of the wipers isn't very good. I had to dig them out when a pile of snow fell off the roof, and not being able to tilt them out when cleaning is a major inconvenience. I guess Honda can't do it all right.
since, as you said can't tilt the windshield wipers, how do you change them when its time without breaking any parts? :confused:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
kanji said:
since, as you said can't tilt the windshield wipers, how do you change them when its time without breaking any parts? :confused:
Screwy, but turn on the ignition, turn on the wipers, when they are near the top, turn off the ignition and the wipers turn off and stay in the up position so you can tilt them out.

·
Registered
361 Posts
that is what I did to keep the blades from freezing at Lake tahoe. but it was difficult to tilt the wiper because you are tilting toward the front of the truck.

Remember to turn off the wiper. When I started the engine in the morning, the wiper did not stay in the tilted postion, it snapped so hard at the windhsield that I thought it might break the wiper blade.

So I agree this set up is dangerous and awkward.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I thought I read in the owners manual, all have heated windshields in the wiper area, so the wipers won't freeze.
Has anyone checked to see if it works? Manual says its automatic.
Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep they do work (had a few overnite freeze temps) There is a sensor 37 degrees and below that turns on automatically when you turn on the ignition. And it is just the wiper zone. I will know better comes winter when we hit the 20-30-40 below zero marks.
RRPRTS said:
I thought I read in the owners manual, all have heated windshields in the wiper area, so the wipers won't freeze.
Has anyone checked to see if it works? Manual says its automatic.
Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
YES they do work on the right side where the blades reside.

But I tilted the blade so it won't freeze to the windshield overnite. Otherwise the blade may be scratched when you start the engine and the wiper is on.

Left/drives side freezes.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have not found any problem with freezing wipers it is not cold enough.

The problem I have is when moving back and forth between my 2000 Accord and the Ridgeline, every time I go to turn on the head lites on the Ridge I turn on the wipers, as thats where the lites are on the Accord.

They rethought the old Honda ergonomics I guess.

Steve

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not to mention how many time I have hit on-comers with the high-beams when I wanted to put the windshield washers on.

People are probably calling me an a$$hole, but that's OK, since the widshield was too dirty for them to see me anyway:p.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Ridge Man said:
Yep they do work (had a few overnite freeze temps) There is a sensor 37 degrees and below that turns on automatically when you turn on the ignition. And it is just the wiper zone. I will know better comes winter when we hit the 20-30-40 below zero marks.
Sorry to resurrect this post from the dead, but about how long does it take for the heated area to free the windshield wipers? I would imagine that by the time any snow/ice is scraped off, the wipers will be ready to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts