Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not sure where to put this post but here it is. Does anyone out there recommend a particular refill for the windshield washer fluid? Thanks in advance. :cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like to use rain-x...the yellow has excellent rain repelling quality to the point where you don't have to use your wipers in the rain...its also good at taking grime off the windshield. It's actually made for winter use!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I thought rain-x was an application to the windshield. Is it also made for the washer reservoir?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I use "Rain Repeller" washer fluid. We don't normally get much rain here but it seems to get rid of bug splats quickly.

L

·
0 Posts
I also use Rain X in the jug to fill the reservoir! I have used it on other cars and it works well. I started with the application and then the fluid. I never have a problem!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
the kid said:
I like to use rain-x...the yellow has excellent rain repelling quality to the point where you don't have to use your wipers in the rain...its also good at taking grime off the windshield. It's actually made for winter use!
Thanks, all these years, I've used the rain-X treatment, but didn't know about the fluid. :eek:

·
Registered
169 Posts
You can also buy Rain-X in a concentrated form, at Wal-Mart for ~$4, and add it to regular washer fluid, $0.86 a gallon at the WM. It does a great job of cleaning and getting rid of the rain drops.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ridge4me2 said:
You can also buy Rain-X in a concentrated form, at Wal-Mart for ~$4, and add it to regular washer fluid, $0.86 a gallon at the WM. It does a great job of cleaning and getting rid of the rain drops.
What's the ratio of the mixture?

·
Registered
169 Posts
As I recall, it's about 4 ounces in a half gallon of fluid. I'll check tonight when I get home and report back if I'm way off.

Yep, I was off. It's 4 ounces per gallon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts