Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some 2017 RL take-off wheels (18") to use in the winter and am trying to figure out what tire size to order. My considerations for a winter tire size are as follows:

245-60r18 (oem)
235-65r18 (narrower, taller)
235-60r18 (narrower, shorter, a bit cheaper)

I know that narrower, taller tires are generally recommended for snow, so I think 235-65r18 might be my best bet, but was wondering if anyone else had any opinions on sizing before I order a set. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Been thinking about this too - I'd do second option for winter as long as load capacity is comparable to stock. I have Blizzaks on two vehicles and have been extremely pleased with them in all respects.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you guys are near Harrisburg, pa, I'm trying to sell my mounted snows from my '12 pilot which I traded. They're a 235/65/17, mounted on Moda wheels. About 10/32" tread depth. Bridgestone bliazzak dm-v1. 5x120 ET45.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just bought a '17 Ridgeline and was hoping I could just bolt on my WRT winter tires & steel rims from my '14 Edge but I think the PCD is different. The Edge had 245/60/18's but Ford couldn't find me 18" steel rims so I got 245/17 but with 70 profile - didn't mess up speedo much at all and they're EXCELLENT tires in the snow/ice. Hoping I can just find steel rims to fit these tires to and use them on my Honda? This approach may be an option for you too?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts