Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching craigslist for 3 months for a used winter wheel package without any luck. I've tried searching for 17" wheels that came off a Ridgeline, Pilot and MDX. My last resort is to buy new, but I'm on a budget. My wife has been running on the cheapo Tirerack "Special Edition" wheels with Pirelli Scorpions in the winter without problems so I'm inclined to go that route. I think her 18" package was around $1200 new without TPMS, but that's the max I'd want to spend on my truck. Any other suggestions on wheels/tires?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,407 Posts
Have you looked @ ebay, Possibly expand your search radius.

I'd also look @ Piloteers, (Honda Pilot Website) and I'm not sure if there is a MDX or ODY club site, but search there.

I know someone who just (accidentally) gave away 4 OEM Stock wheels when they changed the tires over to Pilot 17" Wheels.

Also I'd try some, local tire shops and used tire shops.

I actually have 4 Wheels for an Accord '03-'05, I think, but I just hate to throw them away.

Also maybe post a WTB in the Trading Post

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
Here is a deal....

Set of Four Wheels and tires are off a BMW X5,but will fit other Vehicles.Tire size is 235/65/R17. Michelin Latitude Alpine HP. At least 70% tread life left. Wheels have same lug pattern as Honda Ridgeline,Pilot.Asking $400.00 or best offer. Thanks!

http://cnj.craigslist.org/wto/5301642325.html

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carsmak: thanks for the advice.

Heli ATP: BMW X5 wheels fit the Ridgeline? I'll have to look into those offsets since X5 wheels are plentiful in my area. Tire size is off by a little, but I don't really care as long as it's within a few %

·
Registered
277 Posts
The X5 wheels will work. The Accord ones probably will not. In fact, most Honda wheels will not work. Honda used to run 5x4.5" bolt circles on everything with 5 lugs (at least in the modern world). Starting with the 2006 Ridgeline, and then extending to the Pilot/MDX and Odyssey later on, they went with a 5x120mm bolt circle (which is the same as what BMW uses). The MDX is back to a 5x4.5", and I presume the new Pilot is and the new Ridgeline will be as well...

For information on using the X5 wheels, I think there's a running BMW wheels thread in the Tires and Wheels subforum on here.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,407 Posts
Have you looked @ ebay, Possibly expand your search radius.

I'd also look @ Piloteers, (Honda Pilot Website) and I'm not sure if there is a MDX or ODY club site, but search there.

I know someone who just (accidentally) gave away 4 OEM Stock wheels when they changed the tires over to Pilot 17" Wheels.

Also I'd try some, local tire shops and used tire shops.

I actually have 4 Wheels for an Accord '03-'05, I think, but I just hate to throw them away.

Also maybe post a WTB in the Trading Post
Point being, some times you just hang on to stuff whether you need it or not. They won't work for my, Del Sol, Ridgeline or Fit, but I keep them anyways. :act060::act024::act010:

Why I suggested a WTB thread, someone here could have them in the basement/garage/shed and not realize they are worth something to someone.

Also, until this year, I had never used the "New Posts" button. For years I clicked around to specific things that interested me, new or old, another reason to post in the "Trading Post" a WTB thread. $0.02

Edit: I'm adding links that may also be helpful,

Hollander Parts another member suggested this site for some other part a member was in need of at the time.

Then there is Junk Yards near me, I used to use a site called Yard Quest, unsure what happened to it, but now when I search for it, I always get Junk Yards near me. Put in what you want and the emails start coming back to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd be mindful of buying used. It's important to check things beyond just the cosmetic appeal of the wheel...such as the stem and bead seal. Corrosion in these areas can cause slow leaks that become a constant issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts