Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2008 that I bought in 2012, I wanted winter tires on rims and was told at the dealer to buy 17 ìnch rims for winters and thus 17 inch tires and also the pressure sensors. Did so and all worked fine for the 7.5 years I drove the truck..

I now just bought a 2019 sport. Asked for same thing as in steel winter rims, tires and sensors. They told me to go to the 17 inch again. Then realized I still had my 17 inch winter rims that I was using for the 08 I traded in. So I figured I would clean up my old rims and repaint and get new winter tires and try to use my old sensors that are still in the rims.

2 things: 1) When I check sites for tires and feed in my vehicle most come back saying I need 18 inch rims and tires (Why the difference between what dealer is saying and what I am getting from online sites) Don`t want to repaint the rims and buy tires if 18 inch will work.
and 2) some places say I need new sensors as the 2019 sensors have a different part number and won`t work and others say the 2012 sensors should sync with my 2019.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
The 17s should fit fine on your G2. I don't think the TPMS sensors are compatible, though. I think you can get oem sensors for around $45 each if you shop around.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
What Longboat said is true. You will definitely need new sensors (just get the Honda ones as they aren't really any more expensive than aftermarket).

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
I echo the same sentiment from above, about the tire pressure sensors and the lugs. Whatever lugs you used on the winter wheel, is the style you need when it goes on the G2. The stud size for the lug is the same on G1 and G2.

Not sure what type of wheel that 17" is and the offset. The G2 is a +55mm offset, so ensure that you do not have extremely low offset on the 17" winter wheel. Doing so will have adverse effects on handling, but can mitigate it with different size (width & height) tire, which also brings the clearance into question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts