Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While out playing the recent snow with my newly acquired 2010 Honda ridgeline. My wiper blades caked with snow and ice. The access is very limited to the wiper arms and blades to clear the ice and snow. Is there an easy or better way to solve this problem?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
No, it's a known issue. Maybe make sure the the lower glass heating elements are working.

IIRC, once loaded up with snow no easy way to remove.

Only really have had one significant snow storm since 2005, maybe others with more experience have other solutions.

·
Registered
835 Posts
While out playing the recent snow with my newly acquired 2010 Honda ridgeline. My wiper blades caked with snow and ice. The access is very limited to the wiper arms and blades to clear the ice and snow. Is there an easy or better way to solve this problem?
With the engine off, turn the ignition to run position. Turn on the wiper switch. When the wipers reach the top of their travel, turn the ignition switch off.

You can now reach the wipers and move them away from the windshield to clean snow away.

Remember to put the wipers back against the windshield before turning the ignition on again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you that makes sense. Tried that with the engine running. Wipers did what they were supposed to do,returned to original position.

·
Registered
981 Posts
That works providing you're able to clear all of a heavy snow off the windshield. Should it be a wet heavy snow falling while you're driving the wipers can be overwhelmed. This happened to me a number of times with my 06. The dealer replaced the wiper motor and that was the end of my problem but I had to laugh. Honda's solution to the problem of stalling wipers was to shorten the blades. While buying new blades for my truck I notice around 2010 the blade requirement was different by 2 inches on each side. Much cheaper then replacing an under performing wiper motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts