Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's the season to replace your wiper blades, and I just came across this deal and wanted to share with you all. If you haven't purchased from Woot.com it started as a "clearing house" type site, usually limiting quantity of items purchased and you pay a flat rate for shipping ($5). They were purchased by Amazon a few years ago, the overall template is very similar, and if you have an Amazon account you can use your login for payment purposes (NO, your Prime Free shipping doesn't apply)

ANCO Contour Blades for $7.99

BTW: This Deal will only be there for 24hrs, Midnight to 11:59PM CST, 11/4/15

Well, I started this thread, before finding that the recommended size for our RL and the sizes on sale are not the same. Maybe someone can take advantage of Wiper Blades for something other than out beloved RL.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,297 Posts
I've still yet to find a better wiper than the OEM. The refills take a few minutes to install, but they are very inexpensive given their performance and useful life. Replacing the entire blade is usually wasteful since this is rarely necessary unless it is damaged, although it's faster and easier than replacing just the refills.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Thank you for sharing. How do you go about figuring out which model fits our Ridge's for both driver's and passenger side? Or for another vehicle all together?

·
Super Moderator
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just used the ANCO Website
Good Luck, Hope something is helpful there.

The OEM blades were OK, IMHO, but I could get the Costco "Goodyear" Blades several times a year for less and I feel like they are a better design. Actually quite similar to these ANCO Contour blades. Newer Honda's are now using a similar design.

·
Administrator
17,297 Posts
Several times per year - on the same vehicle? If so, that's surprising. East Texas must be extremely gentle on wipers. I only replaced the refills once on my 2010 in four years. My 2014 is now a year and a half old and the OEM refills show no signs of needing replacement.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts

The OEM blades were OK, IMHO, but I could get the Costco "Goodyear" Blades several times a year for less and I feel like they are a better design. Actually quite similar to these ANCO Contour blades. Newer Honda's are now using a similar design.
Thank you for sharing. Is the ANCO Transform blade of better quality than the Contour?

·
Super Moderator
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Several times per year - on the same vehicle? If so, that's surprising. East Texas must be extremely gentle on wipers. I only replaced the refills once on my 2010 in four years. My 2014 is now a year and a half old and the OEM refills show no signs of needing replacement.
NO, the everyday price at Costco for the Goodyear blades and the "SALE PRICE" which is usually about 1/2 price is available for me at my Costco "Several times a year". Maybe you haven't noticed my signature, I've currently got " 3 Honda's" and I actually maintain about 4-8 vehicles for friends and family members.

As for the OEM's lasting. On my '06 which I purchased in 6/05, they lasted about 1 year and that's with it in a garage some of the time. The first blade refill/replacement I got at my Honda dealer for less than $10 for the pair, the next time I think they wanted like $20. I think I got my "Goodyear" version for about $7.99 for a pair back in '07. I haven't looked back since.

·
Super Moderator
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for sharing. Is the ANCO Transform blade of better quality than the Contour?
Not sure, Reading the write-up sounds interesting, and I know for those in "SNOW" areas there are "SNOW" blades.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
Replaced the blades on my wipers a few days ago. Got 49,000 miles on the original ones. Part number is Honda 7622-SZA-A01. Both sides are the same length and you reuse the flat bar from the old ones. 15 minute job and easy to do. Just look at the old ones before you remove so you know which end grabs.

Reactions: scubamatt
1 - 9 of 9 Posts