Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ridgeliners. Just got down to 4 degrees here so . Utah. Tried to clean off the windshield but the sprayers are not working. No low fluid light. Just wont spray. Could it be frozen. Any thoughts on how to un screw this. 2021 rtl e. Low miles 13 k thank you Z

· Super Moderator
2,968 Posts
Suck out all the fluid, put in new winter based new stuff. Or it could be like mine where the washer motor pump quit and after a few days it started working again. (I did add new washer fluid to the tank though too but still took a day or so after before it started working again...weird stuff)

· Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD, White Diamond Pearl
271 Posts
Yeah, the nozzles or hoses freeze up, typically if the washer fluid is old. Wait for a warm day, or park the vehicle in a warm area; let it thaw. Test the windshield washer then. If it works, and you consider the need for a working windshield washer to be critical, siphon out the old stuff and pour in new fluid that has a low freezing point.

I’m kinda thinking the OP must be young or has never lived in a cold climate if this hasn’t already happened many times in their past.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the nozzles or hoses freeze up, typically if the washer fluid is old. Wait for a warm day, or park the vehicle in a warm area; let it thaw. Test the windshield washer then. If it works, and you consider the need for a working windshield washer to be critical, siphon out the old stuff and pour in new fluid that has a low freezing point.

I’m kinda thinking the OP must be young or has never lived in a cold climate if this hasn’t already happened many times in their past.
I’m 67 lived in the mountains all my life. No I’ve never experienced this issue before. I know how to unfreeze. My question was has anyone else had this happen. No low level light non functioning sprayer. I did leave it in the sun for two hours same thing. Any one have this experience.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m 67 lived in the mountains all my life. No I’ve never experienced this issue before. I know how to unfreeze. My question was has anyone else had this happen. No low level light non functioning sprayer. I did leave it in the sun for two hours same thing. Any one have this experience.
Why the smart ass innuendo?

· Registered
1,588 Posts
Does the 2021 have a low fluid light indicator? I know my 2017 does NOT have a low fluid indicator. It just runs out. And then I pour a whole gallon of new fluid into the reservoir and it works again.

· Registered
522 Posts
Every year my Dad used to switch over to using plain water in the windshield washers in the summer - mind you, this was when a gallon of washer fluid cost 39 cents and the pump was your left foot on a rubber bulb on the floor. And every fall there would be much cussing and fussing with hair dryers as he struggled to get the system working in freezing temps. I think his lifetime savings were under $5. But I guess it's the principle of the thing...

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does the 2021 have a low fluid light indicator? I know my 2017 does NOT have a low fluid indicator. It just runs out. And then I pour a whole gallon of new fluid into the reservoir and it works again.
My 07 had it as well the majority of previous vehicles. Your ride doesn’t have that feature. Maybe that wasn’t included in your package. 👀

· Registered
1,588 Posts
My 07 had it as well the majority of previous vehicles. Your ride doesn’t have that feature. Maybe that wasn’t included in your package. 👀
This is the first vehicle I've had, although I've had very few, without the low fluid light as well. The 2017 RTL trim does not have the indicator, so I am unsure if the newer models like yours included it or not. (I didn't take the time to look that up)

Did you figure out what your issue was?

· Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL, 2019 Pilot EX-L
288 Posts
The service department at your dealer should put wiper fluid that is good to about 20 below when you get your vehicle serviced, unless you live in year long warm climates. It is a common courtesy to top off your wiper fluid whenever in. Most service departments buy it in 5 gallon buckets and it is not that expensive and helps with customer satisfaction.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey ridgeliners. Just got down to 4 degrees here so . Utah. Tried to clean off the windshield but the sprayers are not working. No low fluid light. Just wont spray. Could it be frozen. Any thoughts on how to un screw this. 2021 rtl e. Low miles 13 k thank you Z
[/QUO
This is the first vehicle I've had, although I've had very few, without the low fluid light as well. The 2017 RTL trim does not have the indicator, so I am unsure if the newer models like yours included it or not. (I didn't take the time to look that up)

Did you figure out what your issue was?
yes it was frozen my mistake. Had bug wiper fluid instead of my winter mix. Works great. Thank you

· Administrator
24,358 Posts
The 2017-2023 RTL-E and Black Edition do and so do Canadian Ridglines (which also have a much larger reservoir than US models). :)

· Registered
535 Posts
“I’m kinda thinking the OP must be young or has never lived in a cold climate if this hasn’t already happened many times in their past.”

What a nice compliment about “must be young…”. 67 is younger than I am so being considered young at 67, I am all for that!

• Helpful
Reactions: RZilla

· Registered
23 Posts
I had this happen last winter. Washer fluid froze solid and was a pain to get thawed and swapped with low temp fluid. I made the mistake of not running out the Prestone Bug Wash fluid before the cold weather hit. Lesson learned.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts