Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 WBE
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share my experience with the Trigger 4 wireless relay + controller. Got it installed over the weekend on my '21 WBE. Brought lights (rigid side shooters) + V1 brackets from NoLo over from my old '19. However, I had always wanted the ability to control the lights separately, as there are a lot of rural roads where I want visibility to passenger shoulder but don't want to blind the few drivers in the other direction. This project definitely stretched the limit of my electrical skills, but pretty happy so far. If you're starting from scratch, (from experience) this is WAY easier than having to run a control wire through the firewall gasket. Plus I love the functionality of being able to move the controller.

Not driving too far any time in the next few weeks, so will be seeing if I can improve the mounting location of the unit itself (as I'm worried the adhesive on the extra strength velco might melt). Maybe if enough of us get this @Venphic will make us a mount ;)

Parts:
1. Trigger 4 Wireless Relay
2. Rigid SS
3. Ditch Light brackets

Tools/Supplies:
1. Heat gun
2. Electrical tape
3. High heat tape
4. Zip ties
5. Heat shrink wire connectors

Directions:
1. Cut wire from ditch light kit (used about 8 inches of this wire)
2. Strip wire from trigger kit
3. connect with wire connector + heat shrink it (i then put electrical tape over it too)
4. Mount relay with velcro. Again, don't love this location due to heat potential. Will be playing around with the location. Unfortunately the leads to the battery are pretty short, so unless you want to do more wire connecting you're a bit limited in mounting location.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
158 Posts
Nice kit!...a bit expensive but it does have some nice features.

I used one of these Fimco 7771938 12 Volt On/Off Wireless Remote Control units ($28.99) to run a pair of 55W Fog Lamps on a previously owned vehicle:

·
Registered
2021 WBE
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep! Definitely steep pricing, but it really is "plug and play". My electrical skills are "novice" at best, so the waterproof connectors + wiring setup was definitely much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts