Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
141 - 160 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
Obsidian Blue Pearl 2021 RTL-E
91 Posts
I just ended up turning it off in the menu. It has never worked, from day 1.

But it's not enough of an issue to get me to take it to a dealer, at least until a TSB is issued.

2021 Obsidian Blue RTL-E

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,283 Posts
I have an iPhone 12 Pro MAX with an Otter Box Commuter Case (fairly thick) and I have no issues at all charging my phone.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
258 Posts
Just took delivery of a new 2022 RTL-E. I notice immediately that when my iPhone 13 Pro Max is on the wireless charger and the green light comes on.....but if I am playing music via Bluetooth at the same time, the music is constantly interrupted.....very annoying.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
258 Posts
The wireless cell phone charger on my new 2022 RTL-E is simply not ready for prime time. I am turning it off and will only use it in an emergency. Can't play music via bluetooth while it's on the charging pad. I have tried it with and without the phone case......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Didn’t see if this was already mentioned but I took my BE in for the B16 service today. Ive been asking about the wireless charging every time I take it in. The guy helping me was telling me that the unit is most compatible with iPhone 10s (sorry not sure about androids). Otherwise the unit will overheat the phone causing the wireless charger to automatically cut off.

·
Registered
2021 Black Edition in White
562 Posts
I have a 21 RL, same here.....the wireless charger is barely works for me. Most of the time I just end using one of the USB charge ports instead. I guess Honda will come out with a fix ??????

·
Administrator
22,702 Posts
Probably not. They've yet to come up with a fix for other models where the wireless charger doesn't work properly. The last word from Honda in June 2021 was, "Advise your customer to use a USB charging cord..."

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,089 Posts
We actually got my son's Google Pixel 6 Pro to charge via the wireless charger for about 20 minutes straight. By mistake there was a straw sitting underneath the most forward edge (toward the front of the vehicle) of the phone. :) I have a picture but there was too much dust, etc in the photo to be presentable on the ROC.

Reactions: zroger73

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Does anyone make an aftermarket unit that plugs in and looks OEM? I know they are available for other vehicles where that model did not come with one and you can go OEM or aftermarket. How hard is it really to make a Qi charging pad that works like it's supposed to??? Shame on Honda for allowing this manufacturer to get away with supplying a $hit product:mad:

Reactions: njamesj

·
Registered
1 Posts
No luck with otter box or spec.
Same here with a LifeProof FRE with iPhone 12 Pro. The dealer service manager took his bare iPhone (smaller than mine) and when he laid it on top at a weird angle, it charged for him. All I get is a green light (charging) indicator for 12 seconds then it starts flashing. He says it is a lousy design by Honda (I agree)

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Same here with a LifeProof FRE with iPhone 12 Pro. The dealer service manager took his bare iPhone (smaller than mine) and when he laid it on top at a weird angle, it charged for him. All I get is a green light (charging) indicator for 12 seconds then it starts flashing. He says it is a lousy design by Honda (I agree)
I have a iPhone 12 Pro MAX with an Otterbox Commuter case. I can get it to charge...just not consistently and very intermittent. Lousy design is an understatement...this charging pad is garbage!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just a heads up on the airless charger. I purchased a 2021 RTL-E, with the witless charger. It doesn’t work very well if you have any type of case on your phone. It seems to work without the case. Not many people have phones without the case, so just an FYI.
Just a heads up on the airless charger. I purchased a 2021 RTL-E, with the witless charger. It doesn’t work very well if you have any type of case on your phone. It seems to work without the case. Not many people have phones without the case, so just an FYI.
From what I've heard, best to have reduced expectations for this method of changing in any of today's vehicles. Best to plug it in, As a benefit in the RL it allows for apple or android car play features as these features are not yet wireless

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
From what I've heard, best to have reduced expectations for this method of changing in any of today's vehicles. Best to plug in, it allows for apple or android car play features.
Very true. But, with the wireless CarPlay and AA devices out there that work very well, having a wireless charger remains a benefit.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Wow, I hadn't heard about this. When I gutted my MY2019 and put in a Pioneer wireless carplay headunit, amp, speakers, and sub, I ordered a $20 wireless charging pad from Amazon. I put it in the center console. For almost 3 years it's never skipped a beat and it's I'm sure some Chinese made crap. And I have changed phones during that time, makes no difference, it keeps on chugging.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,089 Posts
I got the charging pad to work for 30 minutes with my iPhone 13 Pro. I placed the left bottom edge of the phone about 1/4" from the light and 5 rows in from the front of the charging pad. :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
I can pretty reliably get my Pixel 6 Pro to charge with it diagonally on the charging pad (so that you can see the light). Go figure my Pixel 4 XL does not charge reliably in this same position. The P6P is still quite slow to charge, but it will charge. I guess my point being perhaps different positions will work for different phones.

It really is quite strange considering the charger in our '19 Odyssey works great with any phone we have put on it in just about any position. I would think the guts of them would be the same, but they are clearly not.

Hood Bumper Gadget Trunk Automotive design

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 2022 RLT-E with the cell phone charger and it it most times starts charging and then starts blinking meaning it has stopped charging. It does this about 90% of the time even when the vehicle is not moving. I have removed the cell phone cover and have the same results. Is this normal or do I have a defective charger?

141 - 160 of 194 Posts