Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline Sport
133 Posts
No wireless charger in my Sport trim, but I've read many people are having the same issue. Here's one thread about it:

Is this normal or do I have a defective charger?
Yes. 😋

I almost considered adding it as an accessory since College Hills Honda sells the kit, but I decided against it after reading about all the bad experiences with it here. Plus I use wired CarPlay anyways, so it would be kind of useless for me...

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,089 Posts
I have 2022 RLT-E with the cell phone charger and it it most times starts charging and then starts blinking meaning it has stopped charging. It does this about 90% of the time even when the vehicle is not moving. I have removed the cell phone cover and have the same results. Is this normal or do I have a defective charger?
Your wireless charging pad is working exactly how Honda designed it - poorly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone know how to get the cell phone charger to work. Every time I try to use it it starts to charge and then turns off even without the vehicle moving . I woks on a rare occasion but most of the time it does not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 2022 RLT-E with the cell phone charger and it it most times starts charging and then starts blinking meaning it has stopped charging. It does this about 90% of the time even when the vehicle is not moving. I have removed the cell phone cover and have the same results. Is this normal or do I have a defective charger?
My 2022 RTL-E does that too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So it appears Honda has installed something that doesn't work and hasn't bothered to fix it. I have the same issue in my 22 RTL-E. I've just disabled it because it actually seems to drain the battery faster by causing the screen to constantly come on. In my last car it could get too hot and shut off after a while, but this one is totally useless. I'd love to know how other Honda vehicles with wireless chargers do.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,089 Posts
So it appears Honda has installed something that doesn't work and hasn't bothered to fix it. I have the same issue in my 22 RTL-E. I've just disabled it because it actually seems to drain the battery faster by causing the screen to constantly come on. In my last car it could get too hot and shut off after a while, but this one is totally useless. I'd love to know how other Honda vehicles with wireless chargers do.
The charger in the Ridgeline is the only one that does not work properly among all Honda models. Guess I was incorrect.

Reactions: P22Tyler

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,089 Posts

·
Registered
2022 BE PWP
251 Posts
I wish mine worked, too - I tend to use the BT connection for my iPhone 13 Pro when I’m running around town, and being able to plop it on the charging pad to keep the charge up would be nice. Has anyone seen a TSB or other document that names the Ridgeline? The one repeatedly posted here does not include the Ridgeline. I wish we knew for sure that Honda was officially recognizing the issue.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,089 Posts
I wish mine worked, too - I tend to use the BT connection for my iPhone 13 Pro when I’m running around town, and being able to plop it on the charging pad to keep the charge up would be nice. Has anyone seen a TSB or other document that names the Ridgeline? The one repeatedly posted here does not include the Ridgeline. I wish we knew for sure that Honda was officially recognizing the issue.
You might think about purchasing the charging pad mentioned in another thread, that fits perfectly into the tray in the center console. Your phone would also fit perfectly in that spot. However, Honda should not be forcing us into the position of finding an alternative to their non-working standard equipment.

·
Registered
2022 BE PWP
251 Posts
You might think about purchasing the charging pad mentioned in another thread, that fits perfectly into the tray in the center console. Your phone would also fit perfectly in that spot. However, Honda should not be forcing us into the position of finding an alternative to their non-working standard equipment.
If I can find the thread, I’ll consider it - but it may not work in my case since I have a console vault.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
2022 BE PWP
251 Posts
Wireless CarPlay conversion and wireless charging under $120

You could put it in the factory location (front cubby) if it doesn't work in the center console?
Ah, I thought that thread was more about the wireless CarPlay than the charging, I haven’t been following it. I’ve wondered if I could replace the wireless module with a plain one and then integrate a “real” charger pad into it that‘s tapped into the original charger wiring harness.

(I did try one of the wireless CarPlay adapters mentioned here but returned it - function was fine, but it required turning off the phone’s Wi-Fi which affected my dash cams.)

·
Registered
2022 BE PWP
251 Posts
Further to the idea of “downgrading” from OEM wireless to a plain tray, what parts are required? It looks like 77297-TG7-A11ZA is the tray liner, but is there something under that? Is 77295-T6Z-A11ZE also required? I’m guessing if the console is replaced I’d lose the cupholder lighting.

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline Sport
133 Posts
I’ve wondered if I could replace the wireless module with a plain one and then integrate a “real” charger pad into it that‘s tapped into the original charger wiring harness.
Way over my head, but that would be cool!

(I did try one of the wireless CarPlay adapters mentioned here but returned it - function was fine, but it required turning off the phone’s Wi-Fi which affected my dash cams.)
That sucks. The one in that thread (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QJXQRPB) has been working fine for me so far, but to be fair it's only been a few days. You just have to make sure to "forget" the built-in Wi-Fi network that the adapter has that you need to use to update it when you first get it...

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline Sport
133 Posts
Further to the idea of “downgrading” from OEM wireless to a plain tray, what parts are required? It looks like 77297-TG7-A11ZA is the tray liner, but is there something under that? Is 77295-T6Z-A11ZE also required? I’m guessing if the console is replaced I’d lose the cupholder lighting.
I don't know exact part numbers, but yes, I believe you would need the whole assembly. You can see what's underneath the tray liner in CampingRandy's video on installing an IdleStopper:

Tired of the Auto Idle Shutoff? Introducing the IDLESTOPPER from the Ridgeline Store for your Honda - YouTube

It seems like the lighted cupholders are attached to the OEM charging pad/tray. At least that's what it looks like in the wireless charger install instructions from College Hills:

AII17606-45.pdf (collegehillshonda.com)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting, this says it's only the iPhone 12 though. The one in the Ridgeline doesn't seem to work for any phone. My wife has an iPhone and I have a Samsung and it doesn't work on either of them, and judging by this thread it doesn't work for any other phone either. As someone else pointed it out it also doesn't even include the Ridgeline lol. Wth Honda? I thought about going to the service department to have it looked at but I figured there was no way they'd know how to fix it, and that it wasn't worth the time.

·
Administrator
22,702 Posts
The Ridgeline/Pilot/Passport may have a different wireless charging issue than the Accord/Civic/Odyssey that Honda has not acknowledged. Either way, there are wireless charging issues in most of their models to one degree or another.

I didn't buy my Ridgeline solely for its wireless charger, but I paid for the feature and I do expect it to work at least as well as the $15 wireless chargers I use at home and work.

Here's something weird... Yesterday after work, I placed my AirPods Pro on the wireless charger and...as always...charging stopped after several seconds and the green light started flashing. I let it flash instead of removing and replacing them. About five minutes later, the light went from flashing to solid and the AirPods Pro charged began charging as expected for the rest of the 30-minute drive. That's one of the few times it actually worked for more than a minute or two.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,089 Posts
There's got to be an earwax joke somewhere in there. Maybe earwax is a great conductor of electricity.

• Haha
Reactions: zroger73
161 - 180 of 194 Posts