Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Ridgeline, factory tow package, Brake Controller install.
Found the 4-pin grey connector held by blue tape up underneath the dash. Bought the 2070P adapter cable from eTrailer and plugged it in, then plugged the cable into the controller.

Result? Dash lights and all warning lights slowly went out, engine started but could not shift out of park, wipers didn't work. Went through all the hints on the forum and found #21 fuse (IG Meter) blown in the box by your left knee. Disconnected the controller, replaced the fuse and all is fine again.

The wire colors on my truck plug connector don't seem to match what I am reading here or in my manual. I have Blue, Orange, White, Yellow. When I plug the adapter cable in the Blue->Black, Orange->Red, White->Blue, Yellow->White.

Now back at the Brake Controller the connector is labelled A,B,C,D, with the A->12V, B-> brake switch, C->Ground, Blue->Trailer Brakes.

Somebody else mentioned a fuse needs to be installed, where? With my meter I can't get any of the pins on the truck plug to give me a ground. On the truck plug the white seems to be the 12V and the brake switch the Yellow.

Have I got the right plug? Did Honda switch the wire colors around?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here are some pictures, one from a 2007 Ridgeline, the other from the controller colors. The wiring doesn't seem to match the colors your truck has. Not sure why perhaps they changed the color in other years?

I don't know why I saved the photos either but they were in my brake controller folder. I put my controller on last fall and didn't run into any issues.

Also the other fuse location might be up by the brake booster to the right if looking from the front of the truck. This is where all the towing harness fuses are and I believe there is one for a brake controller in there too. I don't recall for sure though.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mystery solved. Pulled the 20A fuse for electric brakes in the fuse box on the left side under the hood and the one pin on the under-dash plug still had power, so I knew then I had the wrong under-dash plug. Started back at page 85 of this sub-forum reading brake controller threads and checked my owners manual and some videos. Found the proper plug with the wire colors matching the owners manual and legger99's photo, up tight behind the top of the parking brake held with blue tape. Hooked onto that with the eTrailer supplied 3070P jumper and the brake controller works fine.

I guess the first loose underdash 4-pin plug I found was for some other accessory. Advice: more than one loose 4-pin grey plug up there held by blue tape, gotta check the wire colors too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts