Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've purchased the head unit and wiring harnesses etc from Crutchfield. I've been searching on the forum for the post about tapping into the factory wiring harness to use the factory back up camera with after market head unit, but just can't find it.

Also if any one has tips and confirmation about using the factory Sirius XM antenna (with splicing) on a Sirius aftermarket tuner that would also be appreciated.

If anyone could help that would be much appreciated !!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does your truck have factory Navigation? If so, the camera connection is under the driver's seat, on the back of the DVD unit. You can search for posts that detail which wires to splice into.

Regarding the Sirius Antenna, you can splice into it. I searched everywhere for a connector that would interface with the factory connector, with no luck. I ended up cutting the factory connector off and splicing the factory antenna cable to a Sirius extension cable. The factory cable can be found behind the right rear seat back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you splice into it at the head unit or at the xm unit behind the seat ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Finished install of Sony XAV5000. I went to a car audio shop, but very happy with the results. They had to install a pioneer amp to power the sub and a pioneer camera. They tried using a converter to get the factory camera working but they just couldn’t do it so kudos to you guys that got it working !!

One last thing to do is splice in the new xm tuner

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A quick review of the head unit after a short 24 hours of use:)

(I've come from owning 4 straight Jeep's. 2x Wrangler which come with stock subwoofers, 2x Cherokee. First a limited with 9 speakers & sub, then a Trailhawk without sub)

I was extremely disappointed in the sound quality and functionality of the head unit, coming from these other vehicles.

Pro's:
- super clean look / matches iPhone well
- sound is incredible combined and Subwoofer has come alive !! w/ pioneer GM-D1004 Amp for Subwoofer
- Such a massive upgrade over the stock head unit, its hard to believe they put such a pathetic interface / sound quality unit in a touring model

Con's
- agree with other posters that mid's and high's are missing (but I'm being nit picky)
- I've lost my phone pick up / hang up steering wheel control functionality (my installer said that is common ??)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,660 Posts
Finished install of Sony XAV5000. I went to a car audio shop, but very happy with the results. They had to install a pioneer amp to power the sub and a pioneer camera. They tried using a converter to get the factory camera working but they just couldn’t do it so kudos to you guys that got it working !!

One last thing to do is splice in the new xm tuner

That install looks great!! Glad you got the USB outlet installed where you could access it easily. Thank you for sharing. I always enjoy reading about mods that turn out great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No worries. I installed the Sirius xm antenna today inside the brake light housing and ran it through the headliner and weather stripping. Worked like a charm.

I was originally thinking to get the USB installed on dead switch between the heated seat switches but my installer said it wasn’t very strong so we opted for removing the aux cord plug instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I've purchased the head unit and wiring harnesses etc from Crutchfield. I've been searching on the forum for the post about tapping into the factory wiring harness to use the factory back up camera with after market head unit, but just can't find it.

Also if any one has tips and confirmation about using the factory Sirius XM antenna (with splicing) on a Sirius aftermarket tuner that would also be appreciated.

If anyone could help that would be much appreciated !!
Did you have any luck? I want to do the same thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for that! I wish to install a SONY XAV AX1000 HU. I have a 2103 RTL with navigation, so it seems the connections are at the DVD unit under the driver's seat. I also understand that the OEM camera is 8 volts and so will require a transformer wired in-line. So if I understand correctly I will have to identify the four wires for the camera (Camera +, Camera -, Video + and Video -) and tap into the harness that holds them (under the driver's seat). I'll need to also identify the reverse signal wire. All these need to be run into the dashboard to connect to the HU.

Anybody sucessfully do this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
Martini
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing