Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, here's my wish list of 'realistic' features I want and another paragraph of included stuff I don't use:

Telescoping steering wheel.
All door auto unlock.
Trip computer.
Gas shocks for hood and maybe even a hood light.
Full size spare tire.
Dash redsign so I can actually see something beside speedo, hands block everything else.
Seat positon memory.
Speedometer that doesn't go above the actual speed the truck/tires are capable of.
Rear passenger headrests all like the middle one.
Two more cup holders up front somewhere.
Daytime Running Lights.
Auto-On Lights.

Items I don't use:
Cargo light 'button'.
Voice control.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Vertrkr, I think your calling is to work for a truck designer. Are you a mechnical engineer?

My comments:

Telescoping steering wheel. -- Maybe.
All door auto unlock. -- Maybe.
Trip computer. -- Maybe.
Gas shocks for hood and maybe even a hood light. -- Maybe.
Full size spare tire. -- Yes, for safety with hydraulic jack.
Dash redsign so I can actually see something beside speedo, hands block everything else. -- Maybe.
Seat positon memory. -- Maybe.
Speedometer that doesn't go above the actual speed the truck/tires are capable of. -- yes.
Rear passenger headrests all like the middle one. -- Yes. They should all fold down or recess.
Two more cup holders up front somewhere. -- Maybe.
Daytime Running Lights. -- Maybe, you know, whenever I see 3 or more DRL, I think it is a funeral.
Auto-On Lights.- Yes. But since it is auto-off, can't you leave it on?

My addition:

Climate control power button should be ON and OFF like the radio button. whenever I try to turn off the air I hit the ON button and then realize I need to hit the small OFF button.

Foot operated break release - My other cars all have foot operated on/off break release. OR move the cruise and VSA button away from the break release handle. Since the handle is not easily seen, one can accidentally touch and activate the other buttons.

Truck Bed hooks - why only 6 hooks and none at top rear?

Bluetooth phone system-- for safety while driving.

Items I don't use:
Cargo light 'button'. -- Maybe.
Voice control. -- Maybe.
XM radio -- did not even activate it. Probably never will.

I will add more when I get off work.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blue said:
Vertrkr, I think your calling is to work for a truck designer. Are you a mechnical engineer?
I do have a ME degree but don't work in the field. I understand Honda's economic/ergonomic issues with adding these but I just put up a list of things that bother me and/or items my other cars have that I liked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll tell you an indirect benefit of the voice controlled GPS. My wife has a 2003 Infinity QX4 with a GPS system. It is not voice controlled. As a safety feature, you cannot input data into the GPS system at any speed over 4 mph. If you want to input an address, you pretty much have to pull over to the side of the road and stop. Great safety feature, but I love being able to verbally input data as I'm driving down the road. Takes a while to learn the correct phrases but it blows the 2 year old "Infinity" technology away. No knock on Infinity, it's a great car.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'd like a switch for choice of auto-on headlights, a full size spare tire and a way to prevent me from pushing down that damn security sensor with my elbow. :D

L

·
0 Posts
hagerswami said:
I'd like a switch for choice of auto-on headlights, a full size spare tire and a way to prevent me from pushing down that damn security sensor with my elbow. :D
I tried that...my security sensor doesn't move. You are talking about the little red light on the drivers side door near the lock button correct?? Just want to be sure. Should it move??

·
Registered
297 Posts
ladyridge said:
I tried that...my security sensor doesn't move. You are talking about the little red light on the drivers side door near the lock button correct?? Just want to be sure. Should it move??
No, I don't think it should. I posted about this and I'm waiting for a reply from a guy who took his to the dealer to fix it. All I did was use my penknife to lift the one edge back in place (use to cheaper cars, I really should know better than a cheap fix). It works, but one of these days, I'm going to gouge the vinyl and really piss myself off. :D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
maybearidge hit my top three. I would only add a redesigned stereo with XM. I don't like the XM integration at all. I'd like to see:

A two-line display with smaller characters
A better "tune" rocker design, maybe a rotary controller, or keypad
More presets
The ability to scroll up and down XM stations from the wheel, not just presets
Preamp outputs
Remote control
Better XM antenna with less dropouts

And as some have already mentioned, better AM and FM reception.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not that it matters for those of us who've already invested, but you're not thinking big enough! Here are my wishes:

- manual trans - 5 on the floor!
- hybrid technology and 30 MPG
- aux/ipod jack standard
- pre-wire all electrical accessories (xm and xm antenna, fog lights, backup, etc.)
- standard CD is MP3 compatible
- standard "Honda" locations for headlights, wipers, dimmer, handbrake controls
- less flimsy center console
- more and bolder exterior colors
- move the lock on the in-bed trunk to tailgate; must open tailgate to open in-bed trunk - eliminates flimsy tonneau cover lock
- less noisy roof rack
- auto close rear window like auto-close all windows
- Navigation system cost is $500, not $2000
- 5 MPH bumpers (look like they're 0 MPH)
- water tight bed cover.
- upgrade policy - able to trade-in or upgrade V 1.0 vehicle to 2.0, etc.!

·
Registered
361 Posts
featser, your wish lists are great but they are actual wish list upgrades. Vertrkr's wish list is actually Honda oversights. but he is just being diplomatic.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I agree with more XM presets, and power passenger seat. All & all, compared to past vehicles, that I knew the guys at enterprise by there 1st name because the *^(&( things were always in the shop.. I biggest wish is that The ridge was out yrs ago, or at minimum, I came to Honda! I love this truck!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well Folks,

Personally, I'd rather have a truck that was as fast as my speedo. Oh Yeah! LOL

Auto close on the rear slider would be great as it's the one and only thing I have to go back into the truck to do.....again and again.

Better yet, I want a docking system to upgrade MY memory so I don't forget dumb little things all the time. "Hit me!"

Here in Oregon it's unlawful to operate your vehicle with it's "parking lights" displayed, which is what "running lights" are considered on this type of rig. I suppose that's part of the overall decision making process by those in power.

I think the fact that the top of the line interior level has to buy a dash trim kit is crazy! You can't find a Silverado or Lariat XLT that has that option.

Not that I have a way to solve it, but has anyone tried to find a spot to mount a note pad (Refer to line #3) or even a trash bag? The entire dash has been used for something. On one hand I praise the good use of space. One the other hand, there is no way, but their way. Maybe a modular option system that lets you remove and replace part of the console or dash with another functioning piece. Like a bank of "office" style features that replaces the sliding part of the console. For those of us that live in our trucks for work. Like a clip board/trash can/cell phone holder. Another could be a family or new baby friendly unit with do-dads for Moms and such.

I have developed a close relationship with my nav voice person. Leave her be alright? (I STILL wanna find that recording to "tweek" it a little. HAHA Anyone? Anyone?)

I would like to see a volt converter mounted in the trunk, running my cordless tool battery chargers and stuff. Others could plug in a stereo or blender at a tailgater, etc., etc.

I love the fact the lock is hidden. No one knows I have tools on board until I show them. Sweeeeeeeeet.

I just got my new billet grill today. I'll post a pic once it's installed.

I'm fine with most of the cabin layout. Hand release brake is ok, I'm used to it from driving full size domestic trucks forever. Honda can't make everyone happy. For me, I knock my hat off every few times getting into the truck due to what I consider a lack of headroom at the door jamb. Others will not have this problem. I'll just learn to duck better when getting in.

Oh, and learn to remember to shut that dang rear slider! :D

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Maybe these options:
-Gas shocks for the trunk
-Option to lock the tail gate
-Keyless entry and vehicle startup
-Trip Meter on all models
-Aux jack on all models
-lumbar support for all models
-DC to AC converter hook ups for power tools/equipment
-full size spare tire
-Larger side mirrors
-Audible warning tone for Low Fuel warning
-add 2 more cleats on top of the bed
-warning lights on Tail gate when open
-under carriage protector / skid plate to protect vital parts when off roading
-9 speaker systems
-un-obtrusive reading lights for rear side passengers

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I have to toss in a strong second on the skid plates.

I'll have more of an opinion on this thread when our truck arrives.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is far-fetched but I want a paint job that changes color depending on the temperature. Like those matchbox cars that changed colors when dipped in water.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
nwdiver said:
This is far-fetched but I want a paint job that changes color depending on the temperature. Like those matchbox cars that changed colors when dipped in water.
Sounds like a 'mood ring' car. Might be a good idea so you can avoid the red 'pissed off' off cars.

My long time thought was to mandate every car equipped with paint ball guns in the bumbers. So instead of using your horn on some guy just shoot him with a paint ball. That way when you see a car all splattered up you know he's a bad driver :p

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
vertrkr said:
Sounds like a 'mood ring' car. Might be a good idea so you can avoid the red 'pissed off' off cars.

My long time thought was to mandate every car equipped with paint ball guns in the bumbers. So instead of using your horn on some guy just shoot him with a paint ball. That way when you see a car all splattered up you know he's a bad driver :p

Plus it could serve as a reminder when you get home look at your bumper. How many times did I get shot today?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Every item you all have brought up sounds good to me. Bring 'em on. BTW, the June Car and Driver has a comparison test with our Ridgeline. Guess who won?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts