Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Ridge for 10 days... I had to drop it off last night at the dealership to get my options installed (finally!). There are many options, and it's probably going to take at least 2 days... so I won't get it back until Friday evening (at the earliest), probably more likely Saturday.

What is this empty feeling I have inside? I feel like I've lost a friend... this is *pitiful*. I keep trying to tell myself, it's just a car... but it's not working! :eek:

I miss my truck!!! Waaaaaaaahhh! :(

·
Registered
578 Posts
haha, my wife has the truck today... it's the 3rd time she's taken it. The first 2 times, I emailed her every few hours to make sure the truck was fine. LOL sad... but true.

L

·
0 Posts
flymuck said:
I've had my Ridge for 10 days... I had to drop it off last night at the dealership to get my options installed (finally!). There are many options, and it's probably going to take at least 2 days... so I won't get it back until Friday evening (at the earliest), probably more likely Saturday.

What is this empty feeling I have inside? I feel like I've lost a friend... this is *pitiful*. I keep trying to tell myself, it's just a car... but it's not working! :eek:

SEE TEX...and you thought I was crazy. :eek:

You'll be alright flymuck. Just drink some coffee and stand, if you can, so you can watch them work on it. It will go faster because they don't like people watching them. ;)

·
Registered
534 Posts
I can sympathize! I am going away on Friday for the weekend and my husband insists I take the car (99 Civic SI). How can I stand three days away from my baby??? :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
flymuck said:

Man I feel your pain. I had to drive our Accord on Monday, KILLED ME. BTW, what options are you getting?

shingles said:
haha, my wife has the truck today... it's the 3rd time she's taken it. The first 2 times, I emailed her every few hours to make sure the truck was fine. LOL sad... but true.
HA H HAHAHAH Your _ucking kill'n me. I thought I was the only one that did that. Wifey usually takes it on Fridays, and I'm like " Don't park near anyone. A door ding will literly kill me. I will have MAJOR psycho problems.

HA H H HA H HA HA

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let's see... I'm getting the tow package, roof racks, bed extender (yeah, I know, I didn't *need* them to "install" it, but it gets covered under the warranty, purportedly, when they do), fog lights, running boards, interior metallic trim, and the rear-view camera. Woohoo!! It's gonna ROCK!

So, since it's gonna take a couple of days, I can't stand there and give them the evil eye while they *touch* my baby... would be nice, but I got a real job, you know?

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to get used to not having my truck every day... my better half *loves* the vehicle, so our arrangement will be to alternate who gets to drive the Ridge, and who drives the Insight, every week. *sigh*.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Heh. I just got back from a two-week trip to Europe. Amongst all the foreign sites and all the good beer, all I kept thinking was "I miss my truck." So sad, yet so true.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I feel your pain and know exactly what you are going through. I was without my truck for 2 1/2 days and it was horrible. Nothing I drove (especially the Nissan Sentra they loaned me) met my now very high expectations and standards. I understand this is not healthy but hey, there are much worse things to get hooked-on than our unique truck.

Good luck sharing the truck - I honestly don't know how long I could let that happen. Sounds rude, I know, but it wouldn't take too long before there were 2 Ridgelines parked in our drive. :eek:

Take care,

Bill W.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I had to leave my RL at home for a trip to San Diego and I rented a new mustang. The mustang is fun in its own way but I miss my truck.

·
Registered
141 Posts
flymuck said:
Let's see... I'm getting the tow package, roof racks, bed extender (yeah, I know, I didn't *need* them to "install" it, but it gets covered under the warranty, purportedly, when they do), fog lights, running boards, interior metallic trim, and the rear-view camera. Woohoo!! It's gonna ROCK!

So, since it's gonna take a couple of days, I can't stand there and give them the evil eye while they *touch* my baby... would be nice, but I got a real job, you know?

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to get used to not having my truck every day... my better half *loves* the vehicle, so our arrangement will be to alternate who gets to drive the Ridge, and who drives the Insight, every week. *sigh*.
Hey Flymuck: You *need* a second Ridgeline, first you can buy the second cheaper than the last one, and second you can use the bed extender on either one when you *need* to. :rolleyes: Do I hear a second. :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
DWdrums said:
Man I feel your pain. I had to drive our Accord on Monday, KILLED ME. BTW, what options are you getting?

HA H HAHAHAH Your _ucking kill'n me. I thought I was the only one that did that. Wifey usually takes it on Fridays, and I'm like " Don't park near anyone. A door ding will literly kill me. I will have MAJOR psycho problems.

HA H H HA H HA HA
Last week when she took it, I called her in the PM, first thing she said "yes the truck is fine" and I wasn't even going to ask her about it!

·
Registered
993 Posts
DWdrums said:

HA H H HA H HA HA
My wife doesn't know the dealer gave me 2 keys. Problem solved. :D

Wife: Where's the key!?

Me: I'm not sure, it's around here somewhere. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
It's a tough sacrifice to drop your truck off, but you are going to be beside yourself with pride driving that truck around with all those awesome modifications you're getting added to it! We want photos, pronto.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I promise photos will be delivered! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts