Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They obviously aren't making any effort to make more Ridgeline RTL-Es, how long has it been now? 5, 6 months...Can't find RTL-Es in stock near me and if it is, it's not the right color combination OR the fit and finish is up to par. I'm really starting to look elsewhere because Honda just doesn't know how to manufacture to demands apparently. Sorry for the rant, but this is getting ridiculous...

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
There may be some increase soon. Honda had planned on moving some Acura MDX production from Alabama to Ohio but announced last week all MDX production will move. Some of the Alabama capacity will be used to increase Pilot output. Hopefully they'll increase E production too.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Use Cars.com to find RTL-E's and the color you want closest to you. You may need to do some traveling. I was on the wait list for 2 months, spotted one at another dealer 60 miles away that just popped up on line, and got it. Then went to the original dealer and got my deposit check back, and they still haven't receive the one I was waiting for. Seems like the red, blue and green models are sold before they roll off the truck. The dealers can request a model, but Honda controls the allotments. Its frustrating just hang in there, its worth the wait.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Although I found mine already using this method, I still have it alerting me when they come available. Next to none in the last 30 days, but then 5 RTLE in white and beige showed up in last 2 days within 500 miles. I think they are going to be much more readily available in the next two months.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just let several dealers know what I wanted and in a couple of weeks one called me and said the had one about to be shipped. I gave them $500 to hold it and hopefully will pick it up in a week.

Try to find a dealer who is serious about helping you find a truck. Problem with most car salesmen is the only want to sell what they have on the lot. Every lot I went to had a BE and they tried like hell to sell me one even though I told them I would never ever buy a black truck.

I had to visit 3-4 dealers to find one that really wanted to get me what I was looking for!

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Glad to see it's working out for you - sucks having to wait but the end result will be worth it. An early congrats to you!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Try to find a dealer who is serious about helping you find a truck. Problem with most car salesmen is the only want to sell what they have on the lot. Every lot I went to had a BE and they tried like hell to sell me one even though I told them I would never ever buy a black truck.

I woulda told them have the BE painted to the color of your choice at no cost to you just to see what they'd say

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Way too many RTL-Es in the Portland, OR area. I want an RTS or RTL in silver....
Good luck!!!

What's funny is that in the I5 corridor between basically Canada (Seattle) and Eugene OR, back in december there were at least a dozen RTL's and only a handful of other trims. Now there seems to be more E's and T's.

There appears to be a silver RTS or RTL at Honda of Seattle (sodo), Burien, Sumner, and Burlington (which are all within an hour of Seattle... Road trip? :p

Edited: I ended up getting mine from the dealer like 2 miles away from home despite scouring a 300 mile radius. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts