Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Quick question - My engine was replaced on my 2007 RT in 2012 (at 75k) due to water ingestion. The engine was replaced with a used engine (approx 75k) (insurance) at the dealer.

Would the valves have been adjusted and the valve gasket replaced during this? I need to know as the current dealer (out of state) is recommending I do it at a cost of $549 (now at 152k).

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Doubtful, you should check with whoever did the install, what their standard practice is to be sure.

·
Super Moderator
1,560 Posts
Skip the dealer. They just want your money. Go to an independent shop and ask if it needs it. You'll get a better answer from a less interested party which works on 80% profit margins in the service business of a auto dealership. They are called stealerships for a reason you know.

Steve

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Hi Guys,

Quick question - My engine was replaced on my 2007 RT in 2012 (at 75k) due to water ingestion. The engine was replaced with a used engine (approx 75k) (insurance) at the dealer.

Would the valves have been adjusted and the valve gasket replaced during this? I need to know as the current dealer (out of state) is recommending I do it at a cost of $549 (now at 152k).

Thanks in advance!
It's doubtful they would have done anything to the engine but change over the accessories from the bad engine to the newer engine. Even if they did adjust the valves, it's been five years. Seek an independent mechanic. Do you hear any valve noise?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Do the valve adjustment because the exhaust valves can tighten to no clearance.

Don't worry about the valve cover gaskets unless they look bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts