Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like some of you here, I couldn't stand the shiny black trim. I used some cheapo Trimrbite carbon fiber look to wrap it.

Removal of most things is really easy, the only 1 left to figure out is the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2017 RTL-E Rear-door mod, LED fog-lamps, bed cover, LED back up lights, LED full interior bulbs.
30 Posts
Bump for the wrap material...thanks!

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,024 Posts
As far as skill, you are very good. I watch Paradox The Wrapper on YouTube and I can understand the difficulties and skill needed in wrapping stuff.

As far as the wrapped part and appearance; not my cup of tea. I am not a fan of anything fake, and this is up there.

I wonder: how the passenger air bag deployment work with the mat over it.🧐

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
43 Posts
Well done. I wish there we’re wood grain pieces available for those trims. My wife’s CRV has a decent faux wood trim. It’s obviously fake but it looks better then glossy black plastic.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good man good work 👍🏾
Looks good. Got a link for the wrap material?
Bump for the wrap material...thanks!
Thanks guys, the brand is Trimbrite. Can be found at Oreily's or other auto stores.

As far as skill, you are very good. I watch Paradox The Wrapper on YouTube and I can understand the difficulties and skill needed in wrapping stuff.

As far as the wrapped part and appearance; not my cup of tea. I am not a fan of anything fake, and this is up there.

I wonder: how the passenger air bag deployment work with the mat over it.🧐
Thanks, it's really not that difficult if you think ahead on how to apply heat and move the wrap before it cools.

I didn't think I would like the faux wrap either, but OEM has a bunch of faux wood trim and it seems fine for most people 🤷‍♂️

Airbag should deploy just fine, I have none of the velcro sticky backs attached to the mat. Even on my cars that I do use the velcro, it's not stuck to the dash. I usually tuck a piece bewteen cracks and vents on the dash.

Well done. I wish there we’re wood grain pieces available for those trims. My wife’s CRV has a decent faux wood trim. It’s obviously fake but it looks better then glossy black plastic.
lol, mf GF's TSX has the wood trim and she hates it. She loves the way this came out so she wants me to wrap the wood grain on hers.

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter Metallic
32 Posts
Looks good!! I hate the piano black trim on my RTL-E also. You've given me something to think about. The wrap looks similar to the trim in my mother's 2014 Honda Accord Sport.

Reactions: FerioEH
1 - 9 of 9 Posts