Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow I got the wrong antennae adapter. The plugs are different. Can I splice it somehow or do I need to just do all the work installing the new HU etc and close up the dash and order another one? Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do all the work and buy the correct antennae adapter. I supposed you could try and splice it, but not worth the risk and time to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Somehow I got the wrong antennae adapter. The plugs are different. Can I splice it somehow or do I need to just do all the work installing the new HU etc and close up the dash and order another one? Thanks
If you are asking about the coaxial antenna cable, the answer is NO. Short of replacing the termination itself, there's no way to maintain shielding required to keep external noise from entering the path, not to mention the inevitable signal loss from a rigged "repair". And even if you were to replace the cable end, advanced skills are needed to deal with the center conductor - which is about the diameter of a human hair. By-pass the self imposed headache and get the appropriate adaptor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts