Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm looking to buy a Ridgeline. I would prefer a Black '07 RTL. High mileage is ok as long as you can show that all maintenance has been taken care of properly and everything is in good shape (body, paint, interior).

I know this is probably a long shot, doesn't look like many trucks get posted here. I figured it couldn't hurt though! If you're looking to sell a Ridgeline hit me up.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
If it was me, I'd either shoot for an '06-'08, or a '09 + and I think it's a good attempt and out of the box thinking that would give you a chance to find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
682 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I suppose I'll explain a little more. As my sig indicates, I used to own an '06. In '06 the Black Ridgeline had a brown interior. I loved the truck, hated the brown. I'm looking for an '07 so that I can get a Black truck with a gray interior.

I'm all over every online ad site already, thanks for the link though. I posted here just to cover my bases if a member happens to be coming here to post their truck for sale and hasn't put it up online anywhere else yet.

Reactions: TextileWolf

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
$10k won't get you much with it comes to a quality 1st gen RL. You're either looking at extremely high miles or trucks that aren't in all that good of shape with questionable history. I'm sure you've already seen the 2007 RTL w/nav at Russ Darrow Toyota in West Bend, WI. It pretty much fits exactly what you want and the Carfax shows good maintenance history. The only thing that would concern me is that there is a tow hitch on it (not standard in 2007) that is rusty, so that means that someone has used the truck to tow. How much and how heavy is a mystery.

If you're willing to travel a bit, there is a peach of a truck sitting at a dealership outside of Cleveland. It looks to be in great condition with many OEM extras like fog lights, window visors, tonneau, etc. It also doesn't have a tow hitch, so you can assume it has had a pretty easy life.

With the Takata airbag recall going on, Honda dealers cannot sell RL's until the recall work is done, however, non-Honda dealerships can. So, if you're buying one, make certain you know the status of the recall work. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that one at Russ Darrow Toyota in West Bend is BEAT, UP. Good grief. That poor thing must have been used as a work truck by a very careless workman. Its an absolute crying shame. IMO they are asking about $3,000 more than they should for it given it's condition.

I have found my next Ridgeline. It is a 2010 RTL w/Nav with 175k on the clock. Located in Phoenix. $14k. I pick it up on 9/14 and I can't wait! Super excited to finally get back into my very own Ridgeline. As I've got some time before my flight to Phoenix I've been shopping around for the various accessories I plan to put on it: a lift (had Truxxx last time, now they're called Traxda?), BFG T/A KO2s (never wore out the factory tires on my last one), Access Tonneau cover, Line-X to give the bed that like-new feeling, probably some plasti-dip here and there. :D

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Good call. The 09+ models are a nice upgrade from the 06-08. With that much mileage, you KNOW most of it was highway. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Is it on Autotrader or any other site?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: Carsmak

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
That thing looks to be in extremely good condition for its mileage. You know it was driven on the highway a ton, as I said before. I hope you have a good trip and the truck is everything you've wanted. How's the maintenance history? Timing belt done?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts