Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
You mean the Honda Ridgeline XM Kit? Or the Ridgleline OEM head unit that's XM ready. The XM Kit is available at HandA.com for $230.00

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Have you considered an aftermarket radio? Just wondering what your situation is. I've been pondering upgrading my OEM radio on my 2007 RL with the XM ready package vs. what I currently have which is an XM head unit that's hooked up to my USASPEC Aux Input adaptor.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just not a fan of the after market radio's look, and don't want to risk theft.

I think the 09's and after color match. They also have the same knob as the only difference I see. Wonder if the knob is inter changeable if they do match in color...

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Bought one. Thanks!
Was the radio you bought "plug and play?" meaning all you had to do is add an XM antenna and subscribe? Or was there more to the radio than just the head unit? The reason I'm asking is that I stopped by my local honda dealership asking if they could install XM on my XM ready radio and they pushed me off to a couple aftermarket shops to do the job with the XM radio kit I found off of HandA. I remember when I bought the RL new in 2007 they offered to do the job then, but now don't want to do it...

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,376 Posts
Was the radio you bought "plug and play?" meaning all you had to do is add an XM antenna and subscribe? Or was there more to the radio than just the head unit? The reason I'm asking is that I stopped by my local honda dealership asking if they could install XM on my XM ready radio and they pushed me off to a couple aftermarket shops to do the job with the XM radio kit I found off of HandA. I remember when I bought the RL new in 2007 they offered to do the job then, but now don't want to do it...
Because they can't make a ridiculous markup on the parts you already sourced.

You should just call and ask for the parts & installation price

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Because they can't make a ridiculous markup on the parts you already sourced.

You should just call and ask for the parts & installation price
Maybe to clarify my question on the factory radio you purchased, I believe this is a yes or no question. Is the radio you purchased XM ready where all you have to do is plug an XM antenna into the head unit and get an XM subscription and you're good to go?

My Honda dealership will not install the aftermarket XM ready set up they had in 2007 and offered me upon purchase back then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts