Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm shopping to replace my 06 Ridgeline. Sadly... very sadly, my engine is toast.
If you have a truck coming up for sale soon lets talk. I can get by on my motorcycle for a few weeks.
Obviously since I'm posting here I'm interested in a well cared for, well priced, well maintained, Ridgeline.
I'm most interested in a 2011 - 2014. Low miles a bonus.
I'm in Columbus, O.
Thanks... I used to be quite active on the EOC site but this is my first post here, hope I'm doing this correctly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi, I am from the Columbus, Ohio area. I just kept looking on Craigslist for about a month and found a one owner truck. I am sure you will find one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Goreds! Yes there are options out there but the few I've looked at appear rode hard and put away wet.
Hey, I now have two posts after a 12 years of being a member! Talk about lurking. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for asking… Sorry tardy response.
I finally pulled my good tires from the dead Ridge and had them mounted on the new ’12… here are a few pictures.

Going from Ridge to Ridge is sure more steamline when you know what you like and when you’ve done it before. I silenced the seat belt beep first. Glorious. Then I turned off the annoying auto lock function, (can't believe people drive around like that). And then pulled all the bulbs out of the doors (lets me leave doors open with no fear of running down the battery). I did have to figure out how to turn off the hateful daytime running lights, (apply parking brake before starting). BTW, if you only push parking brake one click you can drive non-illuminated for a short distance (drive inn - sneaking into hunting spots - escaping zombies in parking garage.)

Beside the tires, I did manage to harvest a surprising amount of stuff from the dead Ridge… the big rear floor mat the RTS didn’t have, a Crux Bluetooth aftermarket hookup for the radio, the damper that makes the glove box open slowly, a new cabin filter, my sweet new Bosch Icon wipers, and the front air spoiler. Fortunately I was able to pull all the spoiler mounting hardware off the dead Ridge, Honda wanted 40+ bucks for six screws and little nylon plugs. Ha!
I considered pulling the sub woofer but seemed like too much bother. Plus, I’m not ever sure the ’12 RTS radio has a way to plug it in anyway.
I scrubbed the interior with soap and water and sucked it up with shop vac. Worked great. Truck would give our dishes a run for “cleanest item we possess.”

The guy I bought this from included his purchase receipt along with other other paperwork stuff. He purchased it from a dealer for $22.700 and he put 15k on it over 2 years. He sold it to me for $16,000. I did get lucky.
After 3.5 weeks of shopping this truck was lowest miles and best shape of any I saw. Plus, it was cheapest by $2,000+. I'd almost feel bad for the seller, except he's from Ann Arbor. And I'm from Columbus.
:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Looks like you did well. My first Ridgeline was a black 2011 RTS. Loved it but impossible to keep clean :)

·
Super Moderator
22,568 Posts
I'm curious what happened to your 2006 Ridgeline?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts