Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for some a subwoofer that will allow me to keep my cargo space, so it needs to fit under a front seat or behind the rear (left or right side, doesn't matter). I use the cargo area under the rear seats on almost a daily basis, so I can't do any boxes there. I'm also not looking to shake cars and kill small animals--just want a bit more thump/punch.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am upgrading the audio in my 2007 RTL this weekend including a bazooka behind the rear seat. If all goes according to plan I should have a factory sub available for sale next week if you're interested.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,074 Posts
So are you asking if someone has something for sale or are you asking for advice on what you should do? If you're just looking for advice, I would post in the Electronics section. The stock sub is not a plug and play with an RT head unit. Are you planning to replace your head unit with an aftermarket unit?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking to buy something--I posted in the Mobile a Electronics section already, and since folks often come here to unload their RL stuff when trading in, I though maybe someone would have a powered sub or something similar for sale...

I appreciate the offer of the OEM sub, but I'm not sure it'd do what I want. Thanks, though?

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,074 Posts
Since you have an RT, the simplest thing you could do would be to add a 6" Bazooka tube behind the driver's side rear seat. It'd add some needed low-end punch while being completely invisible. All you'd need to do would be to run power from the battery, a ground from the amp to a body bolt, a turn-on wire from a switched fuse and tap into the rear speaker leads for source. You could also very easily replace the OEM tweeters in the dash for upgraded high-end response. You would have less than $250 into the whole thing if you went that direction.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Since you have an RT, the simplest thing you could do would be to add a 6" Bazooka tube behind the driver's side rear seat. It'd add some needed low-end punch while being completely invisible. All you'd need to do would be to run power from the battery, a ground from the amp to a body bolt, a turn-on wire from a switched fuse and tap into the rear speaker leads for source. You could also very easily replace the OEM tweeters in the dash for upgraded high-end response. You would have less than $250 into the whole thing if you went that direction.
Best bang for your buck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts