Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after receiving my Ridgeline from Texas Direct Auto (who I would not recommend to anybody) I noticed that though they stated my Ridge had the towing package, it only had a Valley reciever, minus a ball hitch, minus a wire harness. Then I found out that the spare tire tray is missing along with jack and tire wrench.

If anybody has any of these items for sale, please let me know.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
So, after receiving my Ridgeline from Texas Direct Auto (who I would not recommend to anybody) I noticed that though they stated my Ridge had the towing package, it only had a Valley reciever, minus a ball hitch, minus a wire harness. Then I found out that the spare tire tray is missing along with jack and tire wrench.

If anybody has any of these items for sale, please let me know.

Thanks.
Check some local wrecking yards for the jack, wrench and tray. You should be able to pick it up for a couple of bucks.

Have you gotten down underneath the rear bumper to see if wiring isn't tucked up in there. My aftermarket wiring tucks up perfectly between the bumper cover and bumper crosspiece, keeping it from dragging along the ground and getting worn out. Also I'd check with your dealership (?) and have them confirm what they meant by trailer package.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I would avoid the factory jack as it has a bad reputation (do a search) and buy an aftermarket jack.

Second, I'd look for a FS rim and tire (used) on this site for your RL and bypass the donut spare (unless you want one on the cheap, you can find one).

As for the pull-out tray, that's up to you. The FS spare/rim will fit in there with or without the tray. Kinda weird that it's not there, that would be a red flag to me...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check some local wrecking yards for the jack, wrench and tray. You should be able to pick it up for a couple of bucks.

Have you gotten down underneath the rear bumper to see if wiring isn't tucked up in there. My aftermarket wiring tucks up perfectly between the bumper cover and bumper crosspiece, keeping it from dragging along the ground and getting worn out. Also I'd check with your dealership (?) and have them confirm what they meant by trailer package.
It's not there, I can see the screw holes by where my knee is in the cab where they removed the brake controller. I'm thinking about buying the Honda harness and trying to mount it to the Valley receiver bar.

·
Super Moderator
22,569 Posts
Personally, I think buying the Honda harness is a smart move. I seem to recall reading that a member bought one and then found out he didn't need it. You might be able to score a deal if the p/ns work out. I think it was KTMRICK.

Ah yes, here's the thread:http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41054

But he has a 2006 and you have a 2007 and the wiring harness p/ns are different. I do not know what the functional differences are. Sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts