Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honda Ridgeline Forward Lighting | Ridgeline HID and LED headlights and fog lights | Ridgeline lighting upgrades

Xenon Depot 4300K Phillips HID H11 Kit installed

I originally ordered the H11b kit with the regular xenon depot bulbs but had problems with the bulb connectors not fitting properly/tight enough for a solid flicker free connection to the OEM wiring harness . Customer service was excellent and sent me replacement bulbs after I paid for the phillips upgrade without needing the original bulbs returned. I was able to do the install in my driveway in the dark with a flashlight in about 30 minutes going slow and meticulous. The bulk of this time was finding a good place to mount the ballasts and zip tie everything out of the way securely without rattles. I reversed the polarity of the connectors per the instructions and chose not to use the relay harnesses since they are optional and I wanted to keep things simple. The pictures are with my iphone and just don't capture how these look in real life. The cutoff doesn't seem quite as sharp as the halogen it replaces but it's easily twice as bright without being blinding to other drivers. The light appears to shine about 100 feet more or further than halogen. I also have no need to use the fog lights anymore since they don't make much of a difference now.

I have read that 11a bulbs cast a ground shadow but this kit does not. I would strongly suggest ordering the regular H11 kit with the Phillips bulbs for the best quality/output.

FYI: since xenon depot is based in Canada your bank will likely charge an international fee after you purchase. Yes, there are other companies/Amazon/Ebay that sell HID kits cheaper but the quality and customer service if you have issues is likely non-existent.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I had HIDs in my G1 headlights and fog lights and LEDs in the DRLs for years. I'm totally impressed with the LED headlights in my 2017 Touring. I considered adding HID high beams, but went with Xenon Depot Xtreme LEDs in the high beams and fog lights instead, figuring if I didn't like them I would change to HID. Perfectly happy with the results. No way I ever thought LEDs would perform the way these do.

·
Super Moderator
5,339 Posts
Did you buy them with or without the CANBUS?
You don't need the canbus for the Ridgeline. Actually the price is pretty close with or without canbus with the discount over $200, so I ordered it but did not use it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm definitely going to be upgrading the Halogens on the RL Sport. Just not sure about HID or LED. Do they have LED?

·
Registered
566 Posts
so how easy is it to install this? How much is involved?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
@plex -It's literally plug+play, but you would need to drill a hole in the OEM dust cover to run the wire that goes from the bulb to the ballast (mounted outside the headlight housing).
Steve

·
Registered
928 Posts
@plex -It's literally plug+play, but you would need to drill a hole in the OEM dust cover to run the wire that goes from the bulb to the ballast (mounted outside the headlight housing).
Steve
Fortunately on the new Ridgeline there are no dust covers which makes them even easier to install. :)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts