Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appologize if this has already been asked but I cannot find it. I am in the process of purchasing an RTL without XM. My understanding is that they are all wired for it with the antenna but no receiver. I have the portable that I would like to plug in when I get in the car. How difficult is this to set up?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had aftermarket Sirius for my Ody and got Ridge with XM. The Sirius unit came with a satellite antenna that plugged into the windshield mounted unit and magnetically stuck to the roof. The sat antenna on the Ridge is the bump at the back of the roof. Your "XM to go" may or may not require the added sat antenna when operating in the Ridge.

Does it work well for you? I'm considering another unit for home and portable. The Roadies are inexpensive but not personal. How is the reception?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the most part I am happy with the reception. I have the base set up at home with the anetta in the attic and get good reception. It is patchy in the car with the portable auto antenna and depends where I am driving. I am in Vermont and if there is a hill to the south forget about it. Also I believe it will improve once the leaves fall.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
loopyl -

after looking at the instructions, the car is "XM Ready" meaning that the head unit will work with the Honda XM radio add-on. But the add-on adds the intenna INSIDE the truck, not as an exterior antenna like on the RTL's. You can check this out at:

Honda Install Guides - Go to the Ridgeline section and look for the XM radio install PDF. The antenna leads are not compatible with the XM MyFi system (and there is no pre-wire for the antenna).

I added my MyFi to my Ridgeline by hooking into the XM/Aux via an adapter and tapping the outlets for power - I drilled through and mounted at the blanks above the "this is not an ashtray" drawer. I ended up needing a ground loop isolator for my install. I ran my antenna outside to the passenger side roof behind the dash and then out the door (silver duct tape to hold it in place) then up the window moulding. Been there 4 months, through car washes, hasn't moved.

-ridgeln

1 - 4 of 4 Posts