Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honda 2006 Ridgeline XM Satellite Radio and 6CD changer original equipment $200
Shipping Included.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Is this for the XM unit that is an additional unit that plugs into the factory radio?

Or is this the XM ready 6 CD factory radio on an RTL?

If it's the XM unit I need pictures of the unit with a good picture of the antenna plug. Not sure if Honda uses a special plug for the antenna or not.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This came in the RTL. it is a AM FM XM head Unit 6 CD Changer, Original Equipment. I replaced with aftermarket NAVI.
If you were to add the XM antenna you will find they are all connect to the head unit in the same fashion. It is possible to mount theses antennas in the taillight assem. cavity at the top of the cab.
The radio comes with the serial code also. Chances are good that the item is plug and play in most of the RL's.
Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Do you have any pictures? Front and back including the plug ends if any.

The question I have is, do the RTL's head unit come with the XM reciever and splitter built in? Or is other hardware like the add on kits for the RT or RTS?

Anybody know?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The Unit is all Inclusive or one Unit, the antenna is a seperate required component. It is not the one as listed at Handa.
The splitter you refer we have since discovered (thank you) is somewhere behind the back seat.
Thanks
David

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
dsnove said:
This came in the RTL. it is a AM FM XM head Unit 6 CD Changer, Original Equipment. I replaced with aftermarket NAVI.
If you were to add the XM antenna you will find they are all connect to the head unit in the same fashion. It is possible to mount theses antennas in the taillight assem. cavity at the top of the cab.
The radio comes with the serial code also. Chances are good that the item is plug and play in most of the RL's.
Thanks
Awesome dsnove, We are headed in the same direction in regards to the aftermarket NAVI & Head unit. I just wasn't sure I wanted any antennae mounted to the exterior of my truck. Thanks... :p

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I just wasn't sure I wanted any antennae mounted to the exterior of my truck.
Ain't this forum great 5S? You get your hopes dashed in one thread and revived in another, all because we have so much information to share.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a Sat XM tuner in the RTL, which I believe is located under the Subwoofer. I will be digging this out soon and can possibly get some of the tail pieces or harness. Hopefully all that will be required is the antenna.
Thanks
D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts