Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all who posted their pricing deals they negotiated. Because of you all i just got a 4 year xm deal for $410.99!!!!!! :)

This Forum Rocks :cool:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Good job. I've learned most things are negotiable if you have the persistance and patience, often you need to speak with a manager. I rarely pay retail specially for electronic items. If you can't knock the price down they'll often throw in the extended warranty for free or alike. It's a bit of an art but I enjoy the game. I got my XM for $60/year but that was before they raised their prices.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I do the same thing with my High Speed Internet. Every time they try to charge me full price I call them on it and tell them that their competitors are offering me a better deal. They always say please stay with us and we will give you our special price (usually 1/2 price) for the next 6-12 months, no contracts.

The short of it all is don't be afraid to ask the most they can say is no then you go to their competitor. Enough people leave and you start to see more competitive pricing.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
vertrkr said:
Good job. I've learned most things are negotiable if you have the persistance and patience, often you need to speak with a manager.
I guess I didn't do it right. They called me two days ago and caught me off guard. I wanted to re-read posts I saw where people were paying $8.88 a month before I called them.

I acted like I wasn't interested and mentioned the $8.88 deals but he gave me the run-a-round.
But I didn't want to let it expire.

He gave me 1 month free so I ended up paying $11.83 a month for a year.

Oh well, in a year I'll remember to talk to a supervisor and try your method.

Joe

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
When do people generally get called? I still haven't gotten a single call or a single letter and I bought my truck in June. Since my car will be 3 months old this weekend I would have expected a call by now. I am guessing I am going to go out to the truck in the next week or so and have no service and have never gotten a call. I have a bad feeling if they just shut me off and I call them that it will be harder to make a deal with them since I will be coming to them rather than them coming to me.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
captmiddy said:
When do people generally get called? I still haven't gotten a single call or a single letter and I bought my truck in June. Since my car will be 3 months old this weekend I would have expected a call by now. I am guessing I am going to go out to the truck in the next week or so and have no service and have never gotten a call. I have a bad feeling if they just shut me off and I call them that it will be harder to make a deal with them since I will be coming to them rather than them coming to me.
I purchased my RTL in June also and got a congratulation letter and a renewal form about 3-4 weeks later.
About a week before my expiration date they called me and I renewed over the phone.

Go here http://cdn.xmradio.com/testdrive/index2.html for subcription and an interesting interactive guide to condense the 150+ channels to your personal customized channel guide and print it out to use in your vehicle.

Or call this number for subscription 1-800-732-6360

BTW, there is a extra $14.99 re-activation fee if you let your 3 month free trial expire.

Joe

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Got another voicemail from XM today. Their latest offer is $77 a year and waive the reactivation fee. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good for you! I haven't heard a word from them since buying the truck June 30th, and XM is connected still...

arteegee said:
Got another voicemail from XM today. Their latest offer is $77 a year and waive the reactivation fee. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
NotaChevy said:
Good for you! I haven't heard a word from them since buying the truck June 30th, and XM is connected still...
They'll probably cut you off anyday. I think we got one week past our three month date. That was in early August.

We got a few calls. I was surprised that they didn't put more effort into trying to catch us in a weak moment. They usually called during the day. It's often been a recording. Sometimes the only way I knew they called was with caller ID once I figured out they're called "toll free" or something weird like that.

If we talked to them, we told them we weren't interested. We had our trip to Canada planned and decided there was no use paying for service we wouldn't be able to use for a month. We used my iPod for music on our trip.

Getting back home, we've missed XM. It's a drag going back to all the commercials. I won't let hubby take my iPod when I'm not in the truck.

Out of the blue we got a card in the mail informing us of the $77 deal. It was too good to pass up and we have XM again! The added bonus is the internet access. That's very nice.

I will hate paying full price and so we are likely to let it expire again next year if they won't negotiate a better deal for us.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
arteegee said:

Wow, thats a good price! Only $6.41 per month!

Tell me you took the deal. Did they offer that price for 1 year or for a longer term ?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I got that damn $77 card for my Hondas too, two weeks after signing up for a year ($119). :mad:

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I wonder what their next offer will be. Probably have to do this dance every year. :p

·
Registered
257 Posts
DWdrums said:
I'm gonna try and call ove rthere right now and get that 77.00 deal

BRB
OK, back...... Called the main 800# but then they shot me over to this number: 800-998-7900 and I said the following:

" Hi, I bought a Honda Ridgleline and it came with XM Radio 3 months free and it's about to expire. I have several ofther friends that all bought Ridgelines as well ( That's everyone here at ROC) ( Can you tell I'm in sales :) ) and some of them have recieved a Blue Card in the mail offering a $77.00 Annual deal. I'd like to take advantage of that offer today if I may"

After a few general questions..........................

" Mr. Murray, I have contacted our promotions group and they said yes, we will extend that propomotional offer to you. I will need them to call you and it will take 24 to 48 hours..."

So, we'll see if they call you guys. I will update as soon as I know. Thanks all who have contributed to this thread. this thread will save us all allot of $$$$$$$$$ even if XM doesn't have Howard Stern ( Man I am bummed about that, wish he was coming to XM instead)

·
Registered
39 Posts
DWdrums said:
OK, back...... Called the main 800# but then they shot me over to this number: 800-998-7900 and I said the following:

" Hi, I bought a Honda Ridgleline and it came with XM Radio 3 months free and it's about to expire. I have several ofther friends that all bought Ridgelines as well ( That's everyone here at ROC) ( Can you tell I'm in sales :) ) and some of them have recieved a Blue Card in the mail offering a $77.00 Annual deal. I'd like to take advantage of that offer today if I may"

After a few general questions..........................

" Mr. Murray, I have contacted our promotions group and they said yes, we will extend that propomotional offer to you. I will need them to call you and it will take 24 to 48 hours..."

So, we'll see if they call you guys. I will update as soon as I know. Thanks all who have contributed to this thread. this thread will save us all allot of $$$$$$$$$ even if XM doesn't have Howard Stern ( Man I am bummed about that, wish he was coming to XM instead)
OK, I'm on the phone with them RIGHT NOW and I used the script. NO DEAL. The rep is telling me that she cannot give me an offer that I do not qualify for. So I asked her how can I qualify? She says that she doesn't know and only the Promotions Department can determine that. Well I said that just sounds wrong that there is a $77 offer out there and she's telling me that the best she can give is $9.99/month. So I insisted that she put me over to a manager. You know what? I really don't NEED XM and if they can't give me the best offer then screw them and I'll just go back to FM, my CD's and wait until there is a decent solution to playing my iPod. :mad: Oh BTW, she put me on hold supposedly to get the manager and guess what? She hung up on me!!! Daughter of a b---h!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I had a similar experience trying to call them yesterday to get the $77 deal. After being on hold for far too long, I got this total run-around answer that ended up with "I'll email you if my manager approves the offer for you."

Of course, I've received no email. What gives??

Now I'm thinking I'll just have to wait for the 3 month trial to expire, then when they come begging for my business, play hardball. Ugh. I hate playing hardball.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm baaaack!
I am a tenacious bull dawg!

I called back XM and this time I went to New Radio Activation. After about a 7 minute hold I got Jason! I went through the "script". Without a pause he said "Certainly, I'll be happy to do that!" I almost fell out of my chair! Just like that. He asked for the radio ID and after I gave that he asked me to verify my address and after I did that he said "I am now applying that offer to your account. It will take a minute." After that he told me I can be billed for the $77 or I can pay now with a credit card. I paid with the credit card.

Now here's the clincher. My trial expired 9/25 and I lost service on 10/1. He WAIVED the activation fee of $12.95! :cool: He then gave me the instructions to reactivate the radio: Turn it on, park the truck in an open area (not in a garage), tune to channel 1 and keep it there for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes tune to channel 7 and 175. If those two are active THEN all channels are active. In the rare case where the activation fails then go to http://refresh.xmsatelliteradio.com and follow the instructions.

I am SO glad I was persistent. $6.42/month is much more reasonable for radio than $9.99.

All I will say is KEEP TRYING!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
lotisb said:
I'm baaaack!
I am a tenacious bull dawg!

I called back XM and this time I went to New Radio Activation. After about a 7 minute hold I got Jason! I went through the "script". Without a pause he said "Certainly, I'll be happy to do that!" I almost fell out of my chair! Just like that. He asked for the radio ID and after I gave that he asked me to verify my address and after I did that he said "I am now applying that offer to your account. It will take a minute." After that he told me I can be billed for the $77 or I can pay now with a credit card. I paid with the credit card.

Now here's the clincher. My trial expired 9/25 and I lost service on 10/1. He WAIVED the activation fee of $12.95! :cool: He then gave me the instructions to reactivate the radio: Turn it on, park the truck in an open area (not in a garage), tune to channel 1 and keep it there for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes tune to channel 7 and 175. If those two are active THEN all channels are active. In the rare case where the activation fails then go to http://refresh.xmsatelliteradio.com and follow the instructions.

I am SO glad I was persistent. $6.42/month is much more reasonable for radio than $9.99.

All I will say is KEEP TRYING!!!
Be also glad you have a good team here that posts there results. :D :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Saw all the postings on the $77 deal. I just called and the woman said OK. She took my credit card number and hooked me up! Awesome! My XM was due to expire on the 25th of this month.

I am glad I got the deal but I wish they would be consistant and give everyone the same thing. It almost seems that the person on the other end of the line CAN make their own decision wether to give it or not. I would call back and try again if you didn't get it the first time.
Maybe you will get someone else on the line that will help.
;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was suppose to recieve a call on Friday, of course, never did. I am calling right now. I hate poor follow up and customer service

1 - 20 of 65 Posts