Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the XM Roadie 2 at Circuit City on sale. Installed in my RT using the FM channel option. Total install time 20 minutes with no tools. Sounds pretty good and you may want to try this option before plunking down the 500-600 dollar conversion by the dealer. My wife had the service so I pay the 7 buck additional cost for an add on reciever.

·
Registered
626 Posts
krish454 said:
Bought the XM Roadie 2 at Circuit City on sale. Installed in my RT using the FM channel option. Total install time 20 minutes with no tools. Sounds pretty good and you may want to try this option before plunking down the 500-600 dollar conversion by the dealer. My wife had the service so I pay the 7 buck additional cost for an add on reciever.
Good to know about the $7 additional cost for the second receiver... I've been thinking about trying to squeeze XM & Navi into my Insight (where, oh where??) and I was wondering how much the extra subscription would cost...

I have XM in the truck (got the RTL with Navi, so the extra cost was built in) and love it. I can't listen to FM anymore. Too much static, at least when I'm in the mountains.

·
Registered
114 Posts
As another option, the Roady XT (new version) is available now. I got mine from an online retailer which Ireally like, the cost is $34.99 after rebate. Not sure If its an issue I post links here or not. Its a nice unit tho. As is the Roady 2. Speaking of which, I'm selling my Roady 2 - If anyone is interested, lemme know. -jason

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have the XM Myfi, I bought a window mount(suction) for my Ridge. I mounted it on the driver's side close to the top of the dash. When I charge it I have no wires using the FM modulator. I wrapped the antenna wire( all 12 ft of it:mad: ) around the arm of the mount and put the antenna in the front dash. Not all that pretty, but only cost about $20:D

I have XM in both cars and in the house, if I don't have it I go into withdrawal:eek:

·
Registered
66 Posts
XM radio is great I installed my RoadyII in the centre console and ran the ant. wire under the rear passenger floor mat and up the door post, the ant. sits in the roof track just about out of site. Plugged it into the rear power outlet, need to change stations, just lift the console and press the buttons.Out of site, out of mind.

We travel from here in central Ontario to my sons location in Pickle Lake Ont. which is 365 mile NW of Thunder Bay Ont. ( look it up ) and never loose the signal, we have even received it another 160 miles north of there. When you check the map it is the most northern place in Ontario that you can drive to. So XM's claim to give you coverage only within 100 miles of the boarder is pretty loose.

Great White North Wanderer ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts