Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. Quick question. I have a 2013 sport. The prior owner had a xm radio antenna installed. The radio itself does not have the XM button on it. But when I press the AUX button it goes to the XM preview station channel 001. I went online to activate it and it says wait 5 min then change it to channel 2. I can not change the actual channel of the XM station. I have tried any and all buttons. Anyone have any ideas. What ever button I press just changes the first set of numbers not the channel numbers itself on the right side. (i will take a pic if needed). Anyone deal with this?? Or did I just get over excited because the RL is new to me :|

Thanks..

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
The Sport did not come with XM. I wonder if the previous owner added a XM tuner? If so you would need the tuned id. Pull out your radio to see if anything extra is attached. If so find the ID # and register it. The XM antenna should be plugged into the tuner. And never pay full price for Sirius XM. Search some other threads that discuss the discount. Good luck.

Specifications - 2014 Honda Ridgeline - Honda Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help and reply. I got the tuner id and activated it on the xm site. I just signed up quick just to see if it would work. I hit the aux button and it plays music and commercials and the display says xm preview. When I change the channel to 0 it gives the id then to 1 goes to preview and that's all it does. Just back and forth to only those 2. Maybe its not activated correctly or something. I will call Sirius XM to double check it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found out it was on xm radio side... they redid something and now the xm stations are working great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts