Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

I received a post card from XM radio yesterday with a 77$/1 yr offer service with the activation fee waved!!! This offer stated that my XM code was only valid with this offer ( i had the 3 month free when i purchased the Ridge back in May). Hopefully everyone else that didn't continue their service will get this deal as I did, it's a steal!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks like holding out might be worth it. I'm just past the first month of my free trial and I will probably wait for a deal like this to re-up the subscription. Is good to know that they are still offering that deal.

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
We were disconnected about two months but re-upped when this deal came along. We just got home from a drive and I love having Cross Country radio (Ch. 12) again!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I wonder if I will get an offer like this, but I still haven't gotten the so called welcome package from them. Although they have sent me emails a few times. I am not sure why it is so hard to get this activated right.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I took advantage of this offer. I am now able to listen to Penn State football game in my truck. It was great while I was camping last week in north Georgia.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
They called me about a month after the free deal expired with this offer. I'm going to stay with XM until NASCAR moves to Sirius on 2007, then bye-bye.

I got to listen to UNC beat BC today. Most excellent. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
That deal sounds good to me. I'm not really familiar with satelite radio, I need a receiver and an antenna right? I have a RTS and there is a button for XM, my dealer has not been much help in this area. Do I have to buy these items only from the Honda dealer or maybe some where else on the web?

·
Registered
186 Posts
(Reply to Post #7 from Joeyjo)....

Unless you decide to replace your entire radio, you'll be looking at a small Satellite Radio receiver installed in your ridge..... you can go "permanent" or "portable." Both Sirius and XM make neat little units that can move from vehicle-to-vehicle or to your home.

First you need to decide if you want XM or Sirius. Their programming is different. You can go to their web sites and view their programming. For example:
o Sirrius offers ALL of the NFL football games (and you can pick which home-team broadcast to listen to), and starting in 2007 will carry all NASCAR races.
o XM, on the other hand, offers ALL of the major league baseball games, and many college football games.
o Both offer a good selection of music channels, FOX news, CNN, ESPN, Weather Channel, etc.

We have Sirius in my wife's car that came factory installed. I added a portable Sirius unit to go between my home (plays through my Bose radio), my Jeep, my former Ford pick-up truck, and a "boom box." And I now have XM that came factory in my Ridge. I'm in the 3-month free period for XM, and I don't know if I will keep it or not. They are both very good.... my preference is for Sirius due to the NFL and NASCAR-to-be programming.

You can see the XM and Sirius units at Circuit City or Best Buy.....

Good luck, and enjoy!

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
If the deal is $77 for one year, is there any incentive for the 2nd XM? I have the XM in both my Ridge and Accord.

·
Registered
484 Posts
25 Year Honda Owner said:
If the deal is $77 for one year, is there any incentive for the 2nd XM? I have the XM in both my Ridge and Accord.
Yeah, $84 for a year on the family plan, some incentive. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just got off the phone with Anthony (he is located in Texas). I gave the quick speal and got the $77 for one year. Piece of cake - no problems - no hidden fees, no activation fees. $77! I was on the phone for a total of 11 minutes.

good luck everyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts