Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday night and Thursday night my XM radio did not work. It was just on the "get us, we're great" commercials.

Thursday morning and this morning it has worked just fine. I've not had problems like this before. Has anyone else had the same problem?

BTW, calling their number is the biggest PITA!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DoctorJ said:
If it looses satellite contact for an extended period it will automatically go back to channel 1. Also if it updates for a reason it will not do anything for several minutes.
I have a 10 minute drive. I tried to listen and did change the channel to a preset channel and it didn't work the entire drive home. I guess I just don't understand why it is doing it at all. Not for any length of time anyway.

I'm waiting to hear from them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When the XM gods are reloading authorization this can happen. It takes over ten minutes for this sequence to finish. It begins when you power up. I'm guessing you'll have no more problems (assuming you pay your bill).

BTW, I had very good service from the phone support line. I can't exactly remember the time of day that I called. I think it was early in the morning.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Desert Ridge said:
When the XM gods are reloading authorization this can happen. It takes over ten minutes for this sequence to finish. It begins when you power up. I'm guessing you'll have no more problems (assuming you pay your bill).

BTW, I had very good service from the phone support line. I can't exactly remember the time of day that I called. I think it was early in the morning.
Maybe it's the time of day, maybe I'm tired, but I guess I'll say that I was a little offended by the "assuming you pay your bill" part of the answer.

Just also wondering why it happened two nights in a row? If they are reloading authorization, why wouldn't they do that at say 2am, when it is less likely that you will be affected by it?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me last week driving into work!!! I haven't had it happen again but it sure was weird!!

I am still in my free trial period plus I had already prepaid a years service; although XM said that they would not process payment until our free trial period is up.

I didn't call XM since the problem was resolved on the way home.

I hope others may have an answer for us.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I've had that happen also. Called XM and they said allow 15 min for the radio to resync. Only problem was I needed to keep the radio on.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
bonerep said:
I've had that happen also. Called XM and they said allow 15 min for the radio to resync. Only problem was I needed to keep the radio on.
Be careful, the stock battery is not strong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts