Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Speaking as one who has had XM in the vehicle and at home (dumped it a while ago), I much prefer AA with a connection to Spotify or something similar. Even a ways from home and a data connection it can be used in offline mode and much less repetitive than XM. Of course that is for music and radio stations and such. If you just gotta have sports or (God help us) Howard Stern, then I guess you are stuck with XM.

Phone is nice because I am paying for that already and with T-Mobile they don't charge for data streaming with most streaming services.

Just my .02.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It bothers me to buy a upscale model that I don't want to get XM Radio:frown:. I travel a lot an enjoy my XM in my 07 Ridegline.

Does anyone have experience using one of the portable XM products made to use in a car/truck?

https://shop.siriusxm.com/starmate-8.html
I had one of the early ones back when I got Sirius 10 years ago. Worked fine and was the most cost effective way to get satellite.
If you decide to go that route, go with the aux connection. You lose way too much sound quality using the FM tuner.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had one of the early ones back when I got Sirius 10 years ago. Worked fine and was the most cost effective way to get satellite.
If you decide to go that route, go with the aux connection. You lose way too much sound quality using the FM tuner.
Showing my lack of of tech knowledge, I assume you mean connect the XM radio into aux connection in the Rideline

·
Registered
55 Posts
I finally dumped XM because the sound quality is awful. I had been paying $86 per year for it since 2007 and now I have been using Spotify Premium for 6 months and I will never go back to paying for XM. You have excellent quality, a much larger variety of music, and you can create your own playlists and play any song you want to hear on demand (except for you Taylor Swift lovers, you guys are left out in the cold).

·
Registered
323 Posts
Showing my lack of of tech knowledge, I assume you mean connect the XM radio into aux connection in the Rideline
Yes, that is correct. That wasn't an option ten years ago. I had to buy a separate kit to hard wire the Sirius tuner to the factory radio.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts