Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed PSP and Roady XT this weekend, ill do my best to attach pics below... its not looking good so far, lemme try again...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nice setup.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Removing the center console was not as easy as I thought it would be. If you follow the instructions for the Cigarette lighter you will be fine, with the following hints:

1) The clips between the console and the piece that connects up by the firewall pull straight out to come apart (not sideways or anything of the such) stick a screwdriver in the little slits you see between the two.

2) The "this is not an ashtray" comes out by pulling straight out - open it a bit and pull it straight out. I was trying another way - Wasn't working.

3) Don't take any shortcuts -I tried to (for some reason) pull out one of the pop-outs where the seat heater switches go - they screw in from the back.

-- All in all it looks pretty good - Ill ultimately need to get new push-outs before I turn the lease in or sell the car (just the middleone) - I scratched a few spots and broke a small piece on the side rear of the console (instead of the clip coming out). If I did it again - NO PROBLEM ! ahaah

Right now the PSP runs off of an XM transmitter. The bracket holding it is made from 3/4 PVC pipe, and covered with a rubberized front plate to hide what is behind it. The transmitter goes in before the bracket and fits well. Easy to install and remove - takes 5 seconds.

I do have a question. I currently am using the power outlet to power the XM radio - If i want to hard wire it - can I clip off the power outlet plug and hard wire it to the back of the power outlet? I am concerned that it is a 12V source and the XM only needs 5V. Any info on this? Don't want to blow it up.

-Jason

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
What's your favorite game to play while you're driving down the freeway?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HAHA - Gran Turismo of course. ahaha

Mainly for MP3 play, and movies when parked. (or for passengers)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
That's funny, Trizzane. Welcome to the board.

How do you use the radio presets?

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Presets : I can see the first few , and its not hard to get behind the PSP if you really want to. I only put the PSP up there if Im going to listen to my MP3's, so - I really dont use the presets when its up there. I just remove the whole thing if I want to use the radio. Also, I have XM (same frequency as the PSP is running thru) so the radio pretty much stays on that preset (#6) the whole time. (unless I need to listen to local radio for some reason - ie. weather or traffic)

All seems to be workign good so far. Just need a new, more modern XM transmitter for the PSP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts