Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the factory xm radio display have all the features as the after market radios? or am i better of to buy after market system.for the money?is the display the same as i will not opt for the navagation system.as most of the time i do know where i am.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I'm not getting the artist or the song displaying on my XM radio. I think the manual stated that you might or might not get all the info. So I don't know if its where you live or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
The rtl with nav has all the station-group-and song displayed on the nav screen with a push of a button. You can also change stations by voice command.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
bart said:
does the factory xm radio display have all the features as the after market radios? or am i better of to buy after market system.for the money?is the display the same as i will not opt for the navagation system.as most of the time i do know where i am.....

You can set the XM display to show the channel or the artist or the name of the song, etc. but you cannot see all of the above unless you have the navigation system. I think Honda's supplier cut a few corners on this one. My wife's '04 Accord will briefly show you the name of the song before returning to a permanent display of the artist. It also would have been nice for a rotary tuning knob (like in the MDX) instead of the up/down toggle switch which is a real reach from the driver's seat (not very safe while driving). At least you can access all 12 of your presets from the steering wheel control. Regardless of features, XM is great. I have a total of 5 radios on my family account. What is AM/FM???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
One thing I have noticed is there is a limited number of characters that will show on the LCD display. Does anybody know how we can scroll to see the rest of the characters?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
bongus said:
One thing I have noticed is there is a limited number of characters that will show on the LCD display. Does anybody know how we can scroll to see the rest of the characters?
XM is not scrollable regardless of type of radio. I have 5 different radios on my account. It's very common for a long song title to roll off the right hand side of the display. There is nothing you can do about this. One small inconvenience for an otherwise fantastic service. If you're new to XM, give it your free 90 day trial. I'm confident you'll never want to return to traditional radio again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
denvrfan said:
XM is not scrollable regardless of type of radio. I have 5 different radios on my account. It's very common for a long song title to roll off the right hand side of the display. There is nothing you can do about this. One small inconvenience for an otherwise fantastic service. If you're new to XM, give it your free 90 day trial. I'm confident you'll never want to return to traditional radio again.
Thanks for the heads up. I have Sirius in my other car and I can scroll any extra characters that don't fit on the LCD display. No big deal...I still prefer Sirius over XM but as I stated before...this is a personal preference.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top