Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XM makes a distinct whistle (although quiet) when accelerating from 1st to 2nd gear. Easy to hear on classical stations or talk radio. Dealer couldn't "reproduce" of course. Before I take it back in, has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Sounds like interference. Loose electrical connection. Does all your electrical components (lights etc) work ok?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Sounds like interference. Loose electrical connection. Does all your electrical components (lights etc) work ok?

Agreed. I would say some sort of Grounding issue

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
emgun said:
It can whistle, but does it hum? :)
I think humming is only allowed on the oldies country stations, and I am not sure if anyone listens to that ;).

But it definitely sounds like an electrical problem like missing shielding or a loose connection.

·
Registered
82 Posts
im glad someone started this... I know enough about car stereo installation to know that this means a bad ground somewhere. When installing aftermarket stuff in other cars and trucks this was one of the MOST annoying things ive encountered. Im not expert, but thats what i knew it was caused by..

AND YES. my RL does this. Frequently, if not always. Again only heard on talk and light music channels. I wasnt going to, but i probably will ask my dealership to look into this next oil change!

If anyone has info on this, or confirmed fixes, or anything please post. And if i learn anything, i will post my findings.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tex's Ridge said:
Every other electrical system seems to be working fine. I'll buy that it's a grounding issue, but I have no idea where to start to fix it. I'll have to do a ride-along with the service manager because they have genetic listening issues that keep them from hearing wind-noise and radio whistling when they're alone. Strange

1 - 7 of 7 Posts