Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,I recently got a 2019 Ridgeline. so far I am loving it. I picked up a Yakima Overhaul HD adjustable lumber rack (site and shop said it would fit). however the clamps it came with do not fit. has anyone tried this rack? how did you get it to fit. I think my options are1. Dremel out the plastic on the bed liner so the clamps can grab the metal bed underneath
2. find other adapter clamps for the Overhaul HD (I sent an inquiry to Yakima)
3. get some other rack...…. would rather not. I like the looks and adjustability of the Overhaul HD
thanks for any help or suggestions

·
Registered
26 Posts
Steve, How easy is it to remove the Vantech uprights when you are not using?
Thinking about going the same route for carrying Kayaks but don't want it on all year long.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve, How easy is it to remove the Vantech uprights when you are not using?
Thinking about going the same route for carrying Kayaks but don't want it on all year long.
its pretty easy. there is a knob at the base of each upright. you loosen it then have to slide it to the end.

·
Registered
26 Posts
thanks. Have been debating making my own or buying something. Sticker shock says "make it" - time says "buy it".

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Nice setup Steve. I had the OEM roof rails put on this week so I’m not having any luck finding a crossbar setup to carry a mountain bike on the roof where I can easily remove the crossbars and mountain bike rack easily. I like the look of the Yakima wind deflector I have seen on other vehicles. And I want to be able to still use the moonroof without a bunch of noise when I’m not carrying the bike. So a solid removable crossbar and bike rack for the OEM rails. I spent hours searching threads last night on here to no avail.

Glad you got a setup that works for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks. Have been debating making my own or buying something. Sticker shock says "make it" - time says "buy it".
ya. i wanted the yakima one to work, but it was expensive and wouldnt work. the vantech is a lil spendy too,but cheaper than the yakima. i like it though. the adjustable height is nice, but you have to loosen the bolts each time you wanna adjust it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice setup Steve. I had the OEM roof rails put on this week so I’m not having any luck finding a crossbar setup to carry a mountain bike on the roof where I can easily remove the crossbars and mountain bike rack easily. I like the look of the Yakima wind deflector I have seen on other vehicles. And I want to be able to still use the moonroof without a bunch of noise when I’m not carrying the bike. So a solid removable crossbar and bike rack for the OEM rails. I spent hours searching threads last night on here to no avail.

Glad you got a setup that works for you.
the OEM crossbars are somewhat adjustable (i think). and you can slap on bike, boat, ski/snowboard carriers as you like. only downside is the vantesh is flatacross the top and the OEM roof rack has a slight arch to it. but its not so bad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Question for those that have installed the Vantech rack system. Instructions say to mark the plastic bed rail caps before removing them to drill the through holes.

My question is this: Could the plastic caps be marked and drilled in place on the truck? Assuming you used something like a forstner bit to get a flat cut?
I have a tonneau installed and I'd prefer to not remove it to pull the plastic caps. It occurred to me that they may be drill-able in place and wanted to get some first hand feedback on the idea. Pressure would need to be controlled so the threads do not get nicked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya I think you could if you are careful. I think there’s maybe 1/2” or less gap between plastic and the metal of the bed. When you install you can pop off the oval cover at the back of the bed and lightly screw the rail in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
OK thanks for the input, will give it a go and report back.

The nice thing about having the tonneau cover on to reference the edges with is that I know the two tracks will be parallel when I'm done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts