Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to use older Skyline Towers and attach directly to the factory roof mount screws rather than a door/gutter mount. Anyone here ever attempt something similar? Any idea which of the Yamika landing pads might work? Yamika is lacking a description of the screw hole spacing and width of the landing pad. Does anyone know of a reason this wouldn't work if I can find the pad with correct screw hole spacing?

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,148 Posts
You are not going to find a pre-made Yakima part that will work directly.
Here's what I did on my GenI. Start with post #36

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are not going to find a pre-made Yakima part that will work directly.
Here's what I did on my GenI. Start with post #36
Thanks for the input Eurban, sounds like a very good option but I'm not a very crafty guy and looking for an easier bolt on solution. I don't like the gutter mounts Yamika has for the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,148 Posts
Easiest would be to get door frame mount type specifically designed for the Ridgeline. You could also use the factory roof rails and attach the Yakima cross bars to that but again that will be an expensive specialty part from Yakima and require the factory rack. You could also get a bed mounted rack system from a place like US Racks.

Short of one of the above, you will need to do custom work if you want to mount the Yakima towers directly to the factory roof rack studs.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts