Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it's now another year since my first 'Report and Impressions', and this one is gonna be easy and brief ...

I'm a retired olde-phart, the RL is my daily driver, I tow an 8' utility trailer a few times a month on average with GTW on the order of ~2k pounds average (local runs for building materials, etc). As I've previously reported the AWD RL was a lifesaver during our week of fluke recording-breaking Central Texas snow this winter - it got me up-and-down the mile of snowbound unpaved road to take care of the neighbor's horses twice daily without drama.

I did the B16 maintenance myself per the maintenance-minder (Honda filters, Honda DPF II for the rear-end, sticking with my usual Mobil 1 EP 0W-20 for the engine oil).

Here's the gas-related 'tale of the tape', nothing unexpected in the long-term trends, my use-habit involved a bit more urban/short trip travel with fewer highway-miles over the 'year of covid' starting at 7510 miles, adding 8323 miles this year (up 813 over year-one). BTW, I do not use the "ECON" button, it's permanently 'off' and tucked behind the dash, my RedArc brake controller installed in its place.

Bottom line: the RL just keeps on trucking and I'm still a super-satisfied owner :) (y)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for the 2nd year report. It is good to hear you are super satisfied.

I am still considering a RL as my next vehicle. Reading about some of the issue the RL has in quality control and the information system has me not rushing to purchase. The chip shortage and CV-19 has not helped in the dealers having RL's on the lot to look at.

I spend enough time on truck forums to know more people complain that post good things about their vehicle. Hopefully this fall dealers will have RL's in stock that I am interested in and Honda has sorted out some of the quality build issues.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Our second year also as of this month and we are very happy to report that we have just turned 25,000 miles with no new issues or complaints. Our next adventure is going to be that we just purchased a 6X12 tandem-axle enclosed cargo trailer and we will be making several trips across the Cascade and Rocky Mountains between Oregon and Montana over the next couple of years. I am anticipating loading it in the 4,000 pound range, (the trailer is actually rated to 7,000 pounds), and I have the greatest confidence that "Saffie" is going to provide us with a comfortable and confident ride!

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts