Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this very striking Canadian RL in a retail store parking lot in Manchester, VT, earlier this afternoon.

Something special for our friends north of the border? Paint job was very professional and looked like it came that way from the factory. A secret project to introduce RLs into the taxicab industry?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I'm with Moose, yellow belongs on taxi cabs and canaries!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oooooh! I like it!! Wish that color had been an option! I love my DCP, but would have picked the yellow if it were offered!

:act018:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Could it of been a wrap? A common solution to making your vehicle the color you want it regardless of what the factory offers. In a few years the owner can take off the wrap and everyone will thing he got a new RL. lol....

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Outside of putting on emergency lights and sirens, that yellow paint is about the best way to make your Ridge a high visibility vehicle! ;act028: ;act028: ;act028:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have said the exact same thing about my hubby's F150 - screaming yellow. Told him that no one can say they didn't see him!! LOL

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
It would make a great School Bus for our crappy winters here! :act035:

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Don't think there has been a Checker Cab manufactured since 1982, When you think about it, the Ridge is similar in size and shape. Enlarge the back seat area and add a couple of jump seats and it would be a perfect big city taxi.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
I should probably go a take a picture of it, but there is a copper colored RL in my neighborhood, similar to what you may have seen on an Avalanche. It looks like it was applied by spray can! Ugly!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I think it looks great. Now someone needs to do one in a bright shade of blue.

Is it possible this one was wrecked and maybe totalled and the owner figured since it was it wouldn't make a difference what color they repainted it?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Hopefully it has the gray interior, not the green.

But so far as the color itself - it's ok. Not hating it, not loving it.

Chip H.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Could it of been a wrap? A common solution to making your vehicle the color you want it regardless of what the factory offers. In a few years the owner can take off the wrap and everyone will thing he got a new RL. lol....
I've seen wraps on race cars and service vehicles and pretty certain that this was a high quality paint job. However, you bring up an interesting point - wonder how much it would cost to "wrap" my RL in Candy Apple Red? :act035:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I've seen wraps on race cars and service vehicles and pretty certain that this was a high quality paint job. However, you bring up an interesting point - wonder how much it would cost to "wrap" my RL in Candy Apple Red? :act035:
I saw an ad in Jacksonville, FL about an advertising company (speicalizing in vehicle wraps) stating they could wrap a vehicle a solid color for between $3500 - $5500. Paint protection, color you want, & higher re-sale value of vehicle was quoted as benefits. Sorry I don't remember the name of the business.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
FYI

How much will my Wrap cost?

The average nationwide price for a printed and laminated vinyl wrap is $15 per square foot of installed product. Solid-color wraps are significantly lower in price. Additionally, most providers charge for their design work, and some will charge you if your vehicle is not 100% clean when you bring it in for installation. Design costs can significantly impact the overall cost of any wrap depending on the quality level you desire. For example, if you demand the design services of a well known artist, or if your design requires you to pay licensing fees, this could increase your cost. Request an all inclusive price quote before selecting a Wrap Provider.

From "Fellers" website

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I saw an ad in Jacksonville, FL about an advertising company (speicalizing in vehicle wraps) stating they could wrap a vehicle a solid color for between $3500 - $5500. Paint protection, color you want, & higher re-sale value of vehicle was quoted as benefits. Sorry I don't remember the name of the business.
FYI

How much will my Wrap cost?

The average nationwide price for a printed and laminated vinyl wrap is $15 per square foot of installed product. Solid-color wraps are significantly lower in price. Additionally, most providers charge for their design work, and some will charge you if your vehicle is not 100% clean when you bring it in for installation. Design costs can significantly impact the overall cost of any wrap depending on the quality level you desire. For example, if you demand the design services of a well known artist, or if your design requires you to pay licensing fees, this could increase your cost. Request an all inclusive price quote before selecting a Wrap Provider.

From "Fellers" website
Man, there's a fair amount of wiggle room between $15 per square foot and $3,500-$5,500! Whichever, I guess White is still pretty nice after all! :act024:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
looks like the same yellow they had on the S2000.
I like it a lot.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i rode a yellow gold wing for 8 years, and loved it, it was the most popular color they had.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts