Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got inspired to shoot some pics of my Ridgeline climbing the closest thing to a ridge in Union County, OH - my backyard! btw: those aren't "weeds" growing behind the truck - that is a warm weather prairie grass reclamation project (it just looks like a lot of weeds this year - give it a couple years and it will be VERY different).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hi ridgeln, "Man", I never knew how picturesque Ohio is! What a nice backyard you have and your trucks really nice in silver too! Cool front plate!! Drive safe. :D

L

·
0 Posts
NICE TRUCK!!!
I'm impressed with the color. I'll bet it's the most poplular color Honda makes for that truck!! :rolleyes:
Thanks Blu!! :D

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

5S Dude - that's my official State of Ohio license plate! Same on the front & on the back :) I've actually been parked next to another silver RL and that was the quick way to recognize mine.

I also think we've got one of the prettiest places to live - 7 acres of land for me, my wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, chickens, cats, fish... Ok, so the fish are in a tank, but there are also fish, frogs, snakes, etc in and around the creek.

W/ the land and animals, the truck is a necessity. Thanks, Honda!

-ridgeln

L

·
0 Posts
Just goes to show You..Ohioans have great taste in vehicles!! NO MATTER WHAT COLOR!!
:D

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Come on! I've been to Ohio. Flat as a pancake. You tilted the camera to make that first picture look like your going up hill.

L

·
0 Posts
steveberger said:
Come on! I've been to Ohio. Flat as a pancake. You tilted the camera to make that first picture look like your going up hill.
Hmm..care to come to Ohio and prove that statement Mr. Steve?? Oh..thats right..you are coming in October/November for the ROC @ the ROCK party!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Flat? Ugh. Now you are sounding like my college friends who claim the state is nothing but cornfields!!!! (Ohio raises a lot of soybeans as well...)

Just because Ohio's highest point is only 1549 above sealevel ((right here! only 30 miles from my home) you gotta give me a break! I did use a wide angle lens and did park uphill (and I mow that hill - trust me, after almost rolling a tractor over, it is uphill - just not for very long - there is a creek below - the beauty of photography!).

Ok - so, most of Ohio was flattened by glaciers (see the grooves made by glaciers on islands in Lake Erie), and we have lots of glacial morrains and till, but that doesn't mean we don't have ANY elevation change! :) Just not as much as any other state in the US!

We were told by the Soil & Water conservation folks that we did have just about the best terrain change that they'd seen in the county on our property. :D

-ridgeln

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you did tilt the camera to make the truck appear to be going up hill, why are the utility poles in the background tilted????!! :confused: :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they are? I'm assuming your meant "didn't" tilt. All I can figure is some minor curving due to the wide angle lens affected the tilt od the electric poles. I really did shoot it flat "as is." This is a drainage creek gully on my property. about 20 ft change in height.

Here's a shot of the site, including a little more view of the sub-station - RL was parked on the hillside on the right of the photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
:p I was being sarcastic in response to the comment accusing you of tilting the camera.

That is obviously not the case, since if you did tilt the camera, the power poles would be tilted in real life also.

Said another way:
If you did tilt the camera and the power poles in the picture are vertical, then in real life the power poles are tilted (which they are not, because you did not tilt the camera)? :eek:

I may have just confused myself. :(

Regardless, you did not tilt the camera.

L

·
0 Posts
ridgeln said:
Flat? Ugh. Now you are sounding like my college friends who claim the state is nothing but cornfields!!!! (Ohio raises a lot of soybeans as well...)

Just because Ohio's highest point is only 1549 above sealevel ((right here! only 30 miles from my home) you gotta give me a break! I did use a wide angle lens and did park uphill (and I mow that hill - trust me, after almost rolling a tractor over, it is uphill - just not for very long - there is a creek below - the beauty of photography!).

Ok - so, most of Ohio was flattened by glaciers (see the grooves made by glaciers on islands in Lake Erie), and we have lots of glacial morrains and till, but that doesn't mean we don't have ANY elevation change! :) Just not as much as any other state in the US!

We were told by the Soil & Water conservation folks that we did have just about the best terrain change that they'd seen in the county on our property. :D

-ridgeln
Hey ridgeln, thanks for the link. I learned some things about the state I have lived in most of my life.
Hope to see you Sunday at the Races. Bring the family.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
ridgeln said:
Got inspired to shoot some pics of my Ridgeline climbing the closest thing to a ridge in Union County, OH - my backyard! btw: those aren't "weeds" growing behind the truck - that is a warm weather prairie grass reclamation project (it just looks like a lot of weeds this year - give it a couple years and it will be VERY different).
Hi Yo Silver, Away! ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts