Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have been reading over the forums to get some ideas for a HU replacement. I have an '09 RTL with the 6-disc factory unit. I dont care about XM at all. I have an iTouch 3rd generation that handles my music needs perfectly and I am interested in something wireless through BlueTooth A2DP.

So far I have seen mention of the Kenwood DNX9140 and the Pioneer AVIC X910BT. The Kenwood is extremely pricey. The Pioneer I have found for around $600, which is doable. For some reason Best Buy wants $1100 for the X910BT. It doesnt really surprise me. I have also considered just using the AUX input with a Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver which only costs $50.

I used to have an '05 Honda Accord with the factory Navi package. My experience with that was what lead me to not get factory Navi in my RTL. The integration is nice, but the $300 GPS DVD's that STILL have crappy coverage of my area was not amusing.

But I do want GPS, so spending $50 on a Belkin seems like a waste if I plan on getting a head unit with GPS anyway. So it looks like I am locking on to the Pioneer. I am not sure what the specific diffs are between the X610/710/910. My casual glance at the specs page indicates they all do GPS, Bluetooth, and have iPod support. What else is there?

So anyway, back to the BT question. Does anyone use the BT connection to play their music on their HU, or is the USB connection preferred? I can see the simultaneous charging as a nice benefit.

Does anyone have the AVIC X(6/7/9)10BT unit and want to enlighten me with how well it works for you? Intuitive interface? Good sound through factory speakers (I dont want to replace those either)?

All opinions are welcome. :act030:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have the AVIC-F90BT with upgraded firmware so that it's basically the same as an X-series. Be aware that the F90BT does not have the Bluetooth profile necessary to listen to music via BT, but all other BT functions are great (e.g.; handsfree phone). My iPhone 3GS works great with the cable that came with the F90BT - so well that I'm considering canceling XM radio, because Slacker and Pandora play perfectly through the cable connection! (Can't control either via the touchscreen on the AVIC unit when playing; you have to control station, etc. on the iPhone screen.)

Go to www.avic411.com for all the info you'd ever want on the Pioneer units.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link and the info about BT. That kinda stinks that it wont pair as a stereo "headset", but it's not the end of the world if I use the cable and just tuck it into the CD holder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts