Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any on the road feedback on the Yokohama YK-HTX ?
I believe it is a "discount Tire" specific model. Currently at a pretty good price, and the DT guys claim they are every bit as good as the Michelin LTX MS2.

Opinions are appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I ultimately decided on a set of the YK-HTX tires and I love them already! I could tell when I pulled out Discount Tires' parking lot that my RTL rode and handled differently - all vastly improved. They are very quiet too. Weather has been pretty mild around here (OKC) so I cannot say anything about wet/snow handling yet. I will report back on other road conditions as I encounter them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As promised in the post above: Tonight, my Yokohama tires got a real workout.

I was picking up my Ridgeline from the shop following a tune-up when the rain came pouring down - flash flood conditions.

I took this opportunity to put these tires (and the truck) through every condition I could find and they performed flawlessly! I went through water so deep, the water was washing over the windshield. I went fast, I went slow, I went down the road where the left tires were in less than 1/2" water and the right tires were in 3-5" of water. The truck stayed on the straight and narrow. I accelerated quickly and stopped just as quickly - again, I couldn't tell I wasn't on dry pavement.

I give these tires an A+ for wet conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts