Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat down with our Dealership Honda Rep and showed him the website. He really seemed to be interested in the posts from "Hey Honda". He said that if this site is viewed by Honda, they do it California. He also seemed impressed with the way it was set up and monitored. Nice job Tom and zero!!
I was so proud to show him...it was like showing pictures of my kids to a relative I hadn't seen in years. :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Good for you (and us) LadyRidge! This site has already proved it's value for me personally so many times, and your posts in particular are extremely helpful. I especially appreciate the friendly tone of discussion along with the incredible insights we gain. Too many boards degenerate over time, but the folks on this one keep it enjoyable. Thanks LadyRidge!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VaVet96 said:
Good for you (and us) LadyRidge! This site has already proved it's value for me personally so many times, and your posts in particular are extremely helpful. I especially appreciate the friendly tone of discussion along with the incredible insights we gain. Too many boards degenerate over time, but the folks on this one keep it enjoyable. Thanks LadyRidge!
Ya know VaVet96...I'm glad you are here too as well as all the other wonderful people here. I wonder if Tom and zero know what lasting friendships over the wires of the net they have created. All of you have had a very profound impact on my life as a Ridgeline owner and a person. I humbly thank all of you for taking time out of your busy day to be here for me and the rest of this "family".

·
Registered
362 Posts
Imagine the benefits they get from this site. Its a free site to get real live views, opinions, and problems of their own product. Wouldnt doubt if there were other Honda incogneto's on here too !! :eek: :cool: :confused: :cool:

·
Registered
460 Posts
bellteck said:
Imagine the benefits they get from this site. Its a free site to get real live views, opinions, and problems of their own product. Wouldnt doubt if there were other Honda incogneto's on here too !! :eek: :cool: :confused: QUOTE]

we spend the money, do the work, they reap the benefit. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I think that it works both ways. We both benefit. The information freely contributed by members on theist site benefits other members. If Honda (and their competitors) pays attention to this site, they too can benefit by using the incredible amount if owner information for market research. The market research is invaluable and can aid them in improving the existing product or developing new products based on first hand owners experience, desire and opinion. This site is like having a serial port (ok, a USB port if you must) directly to their customers. If they ignore this site and others like it (if any exist), I can assure you that their competition will not ignore it for very long. What an incredible gold mine this site must be for Honda's Marketing and Research and Development Departments!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
These boards would be nothing without the participation of all the members. Thanks for all of the great posts and thanks in advance for all of the great posts to come.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I used to belong to a group like this called "Ford Diesel.com" and it was very informative, but then big brother Ford Motor Company thenselves (or their lacky lawyers) told the owners to take the Ford name off the heading or else...It is now called, "DieselStop.com", still the same group of mostly great people. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Need backup camera wiring harness

Dear Honda,

If someone purchases your top of the line Ridgeline RTL with navigation, do you think they would like to have a backup camera too? Of course they would.

Let's make it easy for them (that's easy as in dollars and cents). Instead of charging for a camera, wiring harness, and interface, why not just place all the wiring in every RTL/Nav truck you make. The total cost to the consumer would likely be another $60. Now they will willingly purchase the camera and install it cheaply by themselves or have your service department do it inexpensively. All the cost is in the running of the wires! It's much easier if they are put there on the production line. I believe you already do this with the main wiring for the tow hitch. Now take that next step. You won't be able to keep those cameras in stock!

Thanks for a superb truck.

·
Registered
151 Posts
how do these old threads get resurrected? please read the dates...
Because some of us haven't been here since June 2005, so it's new information to us.

On the day my wife and I went to buy our Ridgeline (six weeks ago) I mentioned this site to the sales associate. He'd never heard of it, but agreed it could be an invaluable tool for someone like me was interested in researching the vehicle but wanted to get information from people who actually owned the vehicles rather than the so-called experts who merely took one on a brief test drive. Since then I've spoken to him a few times, and each time I relayed information I'd learned of here that he was unaware of; he thanked me for the "education", because it would make his job that much easier whenever a customer came in to get information or discuss a problem.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
There's nothing wrong with bringing an old thread back into the open. There's some great information that's been buried in the archives of this site. Seeing this thread is a walk down memory lane for me. Back in the old days. . .
:cool:

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
This thread was 6 months old when I joined the ROC. It was long gone from the boards by then. I like that it's back "in front". It's like visiting with old friends.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
I too, enjoy seeing older posts float to the top again. Some of the old timers had great things to pass along to our members….

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Two names from the past - UltraHOG and bellteck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wouldnt doubt if there were other Honda incogneto's on here too !! :eek: :cool: :confused: :cool:
If they don't, they're lagging behind on their competitors.

I'm a mod on a small BMW site. CS reps constantly monitor the board and often post messages offering to help when a member complains of a problem. It's just a generic message and feedback is that when you call the 1-800, no real help is offered. But at least BMW is then made aware of certain problems that keep popping up.

I'm sure they monitor the bigger BMW sites. Particularly the giant ones dedicated to individual models. This is the best Ridgeline board by far, even tho it's relatively tiny compared to some other car boards, so I'm glad to hear Honda is checking up on things here. Be careful though. There have been situations where people got banned from individual dealerships when they posted about a particular problem they had and the dealer's crappy response and the dealer figured out who they were.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts