Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
The first car i drove was my brothers 69 Camaro knees shaking and sweating LOl.
My first car i bought was a 69 Dodge Charger RT/SE with the 440 MAG. I paid $1700 and it was 6 years old with 36k miles and in mint condition.I wonder what they go for today.o_O

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The first car i drove was my brothers 69 Camaro knees shaking and sweating LOl.
My first car i bought was a 69 Dodge Charger RT/SE with the 440 MAG. I paid $1700 and it was 6 years old with 36k miles and in mint condition.I wonder what they go for today.o_O
What color was your 69 Charger?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I learned to drive in a 1950 Chevy and a 1959 Ford station wagon. The first car I owned was a 1937 Ford (it was nearly 30 years old when I bought it). It had the 85 hp flathead V8 and would do 95 MPH. It had a thermometer in the dash to show engine temperature. No defroster--you just cranked out the windshield a little with a knob on the dash. It had a V8 symbol for the round radio dial and the speaker was above the windshield in the headliner.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Great old stories! I also count a 63 Corvair van with 90K on the clock when I bought it for $280 dollars as an early ride... Which made a trip to Florida from Upper Michigan for the winter of 72-73.. Along with about a dozen more 'youth' looking for some winter sun. Good times!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
... The first car I owned was a 1937 Ford (it was nearly 30 years old when I bought it). It had the 85 hp flathead V8 and would do 95 MPH. It had a thermometer in the dash to show engine temperature. No defroster--you just cranked out the windshield a little with a knob on the dash. It had a V8 symbol for the round radio dial and the speaker was above the windshield in the headliner.
For now, you win the oldest vehicle one owned or used to learned now to drive. That's so cool; I love it!!!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Because of the wide range of age groups and the type of people that have purchased and/or admire the Ridgeline (i.e. us ROC members), I knew that we would have an exciting history of vehicles that got us started down the path that led us to the Ridgeline. Beyond what got us started, if there was a car or truck that most influenced you, share your adventure with us, please!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Because of the wide range of age groups and the type of people that have purchased and/or admire the Ridgeline (i.e. us ROC members), I knew that we would have an exciting history of vehicles that got us started down the path that led us to the Ridgeline. Beyond what got us started, if there was a car or truck that most influenced you, share your adventure with us, please!
Let's keep this thread going

However, I've created a new one, "What lead you to the Ridgeline?" Let us know what led you to your purchase or admiration of this mid-size truck.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Dad (bless him) insisted I learn to drive a stick. 1965 Chev Bel Aire station wagon, 230 CU, 6 Cyl, 3-on-the-tree. Dad got the small 6 thinking it would save gas. He was wrong, that car wouldn't get out of its own way! Spent a lot more time learning in Moms '62 Le Sabre, 401 2 barrel carb. Got my license in it. Mom next got a '63 Wildcat with the 425, 4 barrel, now that was a great ride for a 17 year old.

My first car was a '64 VW bug with the cool crank open sunroof. Laid it over on the passenger side at 45 MPH. Me and my pals got out, pushed it back up on the wheels, changed the flat tire and kept moving on. Door still worked just had to open it from the inside.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
First vehicle I ever drove was this one. A Farmall F12 with the Steel wheel option. It was amazing when you drove it through a swamp. It made this "sucking" noise as the spikes went in and out of the swampy ground. But it never was stuck! Like all the rubber tired things I've had stuck somewhere since! 4wd awd, 2wd, doesn't matter. Steel spikes were the ticket!
We bought a 65 acre farm with a Barn and old Log Cabin. This was included in the sale along with some farm equipment that was just as old (and unusable). The tractor was hoot to drive. My dad had to start it though but it was cool to drive (he only would let me do 1st gear). But as a kid it was very cool. (no hills, straights only as the manual steering was plain dangerous along with the fact my legs were not long enough for the clutch lol)
Farmall F12 1936.jpg

Steve

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
My first vehicle was a Maroon 1987 Honda Civic DX 4-spd. It was a hand-me-down from my aunt that was hit by a deer. I promptly killed it 5 months later.

(Stock image below)

;)

I gotta ask...
The deer or the car?!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first vehicle was a 31 A Model coupe. I bought it for $35 in 1965 and my dad drove it home from a neighboring town about 20 miles away. I learned to drive it in the pastures on our farm when I was 14 and kept it for 3 years. Had it painted deep blue with cream accent stripes and added red & white rolled and pleated interior. Engine was original You could work on it with a pair of pliers, screwdriver, and duct tape. I sold it to a high school classmate of mine in 1968 for $125. He still has the thing. I've offered him his $125 back if he would sell it to me, but he's not interested. I suppose my Ridgeline will be my last purchase (2019 RTL-E currently 565 miles) but there have been some interesting vehicles in my 54 years of driving.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I learned to drive my grandfathers Ford 8N tractor (early 1950's model) when I was in the 5th grade (1972) and continued using it on my Dad's farm until the early '80's. My first vehicle that I learned to drive was my Dad's 1975 Chevy C 20 pick-up truck-just two years after the tractor. Made it a lot easier on my Dad transporting farm equipment/seed on the 10 mile round trip between farms. Can't remember whether or not I had to sit on an extra cushion to see well enough over the steering wheel (at 13, hadn't hit my growth spurt yet). 😆 My first car was a 1973 Olds Delta 88Royale, 2-door hardtop. It had the 455 rocket V8, coupled with a 350 Turbo Hydramatic transmission. Had room to spare for triple date-6 people, and the trunk could comfortably hold a family of four... ;) I had fun beating a few Corvettes through the intersection at stoplights, but it tended to leave bits of rust and oily clouds when I did that.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
24 Participants
GhostYK1
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing