Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

I got my Ridgeline Silver Bullet (RTL + MR no NAVI - I had my own) a few weeks ago. What thrill it has been so far. I have been a consultant for many years I travel a lot and had driven almost everything with wheels and I have to say, that this truck has nothing to be ashamed of. The ride, the quality, the sound system, the acceleration the over all feel and of course the cool factor - since there are not too many of them on the road yet. I had decided to move to Phoenix and bought this truck with an idea of exploring the west. I took it for a test drive across the country (2400 miles in a few days) and each day I became more and more found of it.

I had a couple minor issues with mine RSB, one the power outlets stopped working the second day I owned it, I went to the dealer to fix it, they told me to leave it for a day, I told them F...K themselves and changed the fuse myself, second more annoying was when the heated seats started to work without asking (in Phoenix, it is not a very good thing) I'm waiting for a dealer to fix it, as of the moment I took the fuse out. The third issue is a design of the sunroof. There is piece of plastic, which sticks out ever so slightly above the roofline with the sunroof open and makes very annoying noise. When I pressed down (there is a spring mechanism) the noise is 50% less. I wonder if anyone had noticed it before. I believe they should go back to the drawing board on this thing and fix it on the future models.

But of course this is nothing compared to some other cars I have had owned.

Happy Ridgelining everyone.
;) ;) ;)
Proud owner Ridgepol

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
ridgepol said:
There is piece of plastic, which sticks out ever so slightly above the roofline with the sunroof open and makes very annoying noise. When I pressed down (there is a spring mechanism) the noise is 50% less. I wonder if anyone had noticed it before. I believe they should go back to the drawing board on this thing and fix it on the future models.

The optional moonroof deflector solves that. :p

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the ROC family ridgepol. Congratulations.
You'll get use to the noise or better yet, just over power it with the stereo system.
Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Welcome and congrats Ridgepol! Hope you enjoy your new truck!

Did you mention Phoenix? We are trying to get an AZ ROC meet on 8/21 in Sedona. If interested, that would be great! See the post under the Meet/Greet section!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome Ridpol. I have had my Rideline for five days, not a problem yet. I absolutely love this vehicle. The heated seats problem left me laughing for a half hour, I'll wait till winter to test mine. Sorry, but that was funny!! :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Ridgepol, welcome aboard.
You drove 2400 miles already? Ive had mine for 2 weeks and have only 350 miles. Im babying mine. Thinking of taking a vacation cross country. Oh no- that'll put miles on. Heck, Im love-struck.
Enjoy :confused: :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
ridgepol said:
Hi Gang,

I got my Ridgeline Silver Bullet (RTL + MR no NAVI - I had my own) a few weeks ago. What thrill it has been so far. I have been a consultant for many years I travel a lot and had driven almost everything with wheels and I have to say, that this truck has nothing to be ashamed of. The ride, the quality, the sound system, the acceleration the over all feel and of course the cool factor - since there are not too many of them on the road yet. I had decided to move to Phoenix and bought this truck with an idea of exploring the west. I took it for a test drive across the country (2400 miles in a few days) and each day I became more and more found of it.

I had a couple minor issues with mine RSB, one the power outlets stopped working the second day I owned it, I went to the dealer to fix it, they told me to leave it for a day, I told them F...K themselves and changed the fuse myself, second more annoying was when the heated seats started to work without asking (in Phoenix, it is not a very good thing) I'm waiting for a dealer to fix it, as of the moment I took the fuse out. The third issue is a design of the sunroof. There is piece of plastic, which sticks out ever so slightly above the roofline with the sunroof open and makes very annoying noise. When I pressed down (there is a spring mechanism) the noise is 50% less. I wonder if anyone had noticed it before. I believe they should go back to the drawing board on this thing and fix it on the future models.

But of course this is nothing compared to some other cars I have had owned.

Happy Ridgelining everyone.
;) ;) ;)
Proud owner Ridgepol
Actually, that piece has a very important purpose. Drive fast enough, there's really really bad boom and resonance without it.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Man!, I'm glad we got the RTS without a moonroof!! I thought about how often we use the one in my wife's new Highlander and decided we didn't really need it.
Whew, sound like one more thing to worry about!

·
Registered
774 Posts
5S Dude said:
Man!, I'm glad we got the RTS without a moonroof!! I thought about how often we use the one in my wife's new Highlander and decided we didn't really need it.
Whew, sound like one more thing to worry about!
What else are you worrying about :confused: Remember, you're not driving a Ford!

·
Registered
774 Posts
The overwhelming amount of Ridgeline owners have experienced few, if any, real problems with their new trucks. This is an unfortunate by-product of this club- somebody reports a "problem" and everybody becomes hyper-sensitive. I'm guilty too, having checked under my front passenger mat for dampness after big rains more than a couple of times.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
denvrfan said:
The overwhelming amount of Ridgeline owners have experienced few, if any, real problems with their new trucks. This is an unfortunate by-product of this club- somebody reports a "problem" and everybody becomes hyper-sensitive. I'm guilty too, having checked under my front passenger mat for dampness after big rains more than a couple of times.
denvrfan, You hit the nail on the head! I too am guilty of checking the floor mats after I wash my truck, I find myself shutting down my radio and listening to hear some sort of wind noise, I pray that it won't happen but I think it's just like you said, we become hyper-sensitive! I'm gonna just relax awhile and just enjoy mine for a change! Thanks. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts