Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
"SUPER BUMPER" has been my choice for more than 12 years and three Ridgelines
it absorbs impact and reduces whiplash by 22%. See website for an education on rear-end collisions and why body shops hate them. SUPERBUMPER.com
I'll have to look into this. I am concerned these add-on bumpers would reduce the impact absorption and increase injury rates, but if the receiver is doing that anyway, this might be a good option. Then I just have to worry about shins banging into it.

·
Registered
2022 BE PWP
233 Posts
I picked up one of the Harbor Freight steps, it’s perfect for my needs. I stripped off the stickers first.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
1,308 Posts
I was considering buying a hitch mounted step but wonder if it would interfere with use of the trunk since at 5' 7" I would need to stretch forward to lift and place an item (especially heavy ones) in the trunk. Is this an issue for anyone?
With the smaller ones (like the Weathertech one), you'll be fine as you can always stand one side or the other.

I think with some of the monstrosities shown on here, you may struggle a bit. I wouldn't put those large ones on simply for aesthetic reasons (I think they look awful - like bull bars you've stuck on the rear of the truck :)) but there are probably practical drawbacks like the one you mention too.

·
Registered
2022 Black Edition (black) 18Nov21
528 Posts
View attachment 424798 I like the SuperBumper. company will replace it if it’s damaged in a accident and a report is filed. Paid around $175 I believe
Amazing how popular these types of products are. I went with this one on my 2018 Colorado. It can be a shin grabber if not careful. Very well made with one exception. The plastic end caps fall out on a regular basis. Good news, they sell replacement ones on their site. About $9 for a set of two. In three years I had to replace 4 of them. It stayed with the truck when I traded for my RL.

The 3 years on my truck I always battled with, do I actually like the look? I read many stories on the Colorado forum how these performed great under many different types of crashes.

If I remember correctly I paid $119 after I contacted the the manufacturer directly. For now, not going to buy. Two reasons. They really only work if you’re hit straight on from behind. After 3.5 years on my Chevy, I decided I didn’t like the looks. Plus from time to time I could hear it rattle.

Gusto!

·
Premium Member
2022 WBE in Southern Florida
1,750 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Thanks to BrandonP and Hawkot for posting their pics of the GoRhino version of Bumper Step. Purchased mine but did something a little different with it: I took it to Line-X and had it sprayed as you would if you did your truck box. They did a set of running boards for me a few years ago and I never had issues with them corroding or flaking and they were not as slippery so I thought I'd do the step. My guy here only charges for the amount of "material" (spray) they use, and it came out to $50 (cdn). It's now got that textured look and I really like how it turned out. Nice "grippy" feel to it. I added some rubber spacers to make it fit tighter along with a locking pin.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting
Product Wood Automotive tire Rectangle Outdoor furniture

Reactions: HeavyDuty

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Depending on where you all call home, I'd consider doing what I did, and getting it sprayed with a Line-X or RhinoLiner coating. Same stuff they spray in the steel bed of the older trucks (many are now like the Ridgeline in some sort of composite). It costs very little and will never rust. Just don't spray the tongue piece or it'll never slide in....lol.
If I ever added running boards, I'd spray those as well. Doesn't cost that much, provides grip, and certainly stalls the aging process. Just something to consider if you live north of the Mason/Dixon and the answer to everything cold is pour more salt on the road...

Reactions: wjfyfe
61 - 75 of 75 Posts