Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I find it seemed to sometimes conflict with my Android Auto app when they are starting up when I start my 2019 RTL-E, causng Android Auto to freeze. Once I uninstalled Hondalink, I haven't seen that problem again. I also don't see any real utility for the Hondalink app, so I don't see a loss not having it.

This points out a pet peeve of many others that the interface between the RL infotainment system and smart phone is rather klugey and outdated. Too many back and forth services between Bluetooth services and the cabled connection with Android Auto/Apple and Hondalink. Needs work.
Copy that, then I guess I'll uninstall it again. I thought that the salesman had mentioned having the app on my phone to be notified of available updates but who knows. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
51 Posts
Copy that, then I guess I'll uninstall it again. I thought that the salesman had mentioned having the app on my phone to be notified of available updates but who knows. Thanks so much.
It will notify you of recalls and stuff related to your truck but any actual integrated functionality its quite worthless. It will let you know what the odometer reads though. If its up to date. Which is probably isn't. But it might be. Sometimes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure, but I called Honda for help and conclude it is worthless, unless airbag is deployed. Then supposedly it will use your connected cell phone to call for help. Anybody know if that is the case.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not sure, but I called Honda for help and conclude it is worthless, unless airbag is deployed. Then supposedly it will use your connected cell phone to call for help. Anybody know if that is the case.
Exactly my previous point. If I have a phone that is connected via BT or Android Auto, that should be enough for the vehicle to send out an emergency message if the airbags deploy. The Hondalink is needless additional complication with no value.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Apple and Google do this anyway, both have features to take advantage of the G-force sensors to detect massive changes that indicate a crash.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
11 Posts
New owner with a 2020 RTL E. Installed Honda link on my phone and everything seemed to connect ok. It shows the correct mileage but when I try to check the weather it searches for a while then says no connection. Did a factory reset, reinstalled the app but no change. What am I missing?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Same issue here. HondaLink is always sketchy at best. On my 2017, the miles and range never worked but weather did. On my 2020, the miles and range work fine but weather data stopped about a month ago. I've tried the same resets with no luck.

They need to develop a useful and functional system like Hyundai's BlueLink.

·
Registered
769 Posts
HondaLink is not worth the memory space lost on your phone. If Honda used the same engineers that developed the software to build their cars, we all would be pushing our vehicles around the block instead of driving.

Reactions: 19PlatinumRTL-E

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I feel better now that I know Im not the only one having a trouble with HondaLink. I seriously was starting to wonder it at 53 I may have reached the age where I was going to start having trouble with new tech and would soon be found in my front yard screaming at kids to get off my lawn.
My father who passed a couple of years ago in his 70s was more tech-savvy than me and he was not a tech guy by trade. He was an electrician.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Even though I posted earlier, wonder if anyone has had the weather feed start working again? Miles/range has been working fine.

It is humorous how in my 2017 the weather ALWAYS worked but nothing else and now everything (minus the Send to Car) but NO weather.

Again, all Honda needs is to hire a Hyundai/Kia software person and problem solved.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts