Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
It is not the Honda app that is lacking, it the the lack of the advanced telematics in the vehicle. The RL can not do even the simplest function like checking on or locking the RL doors.

·
Administrator
14,022 Posts
It is not the Honda app that is lacking, it the the lack of the advanced telematics in the vehicle. The RL can not do even the simplest function like checking on or locking the RL doors.
That's because the only communication the vehicle has with the HondaLink app is via USB or Bluetooth - there's no cellular modem that would allow remote services.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Based on my experience with an earlier Accord I had, I didn’t even bother.
When I had a Ford their version was pretty useless also, IMO.
Neither one seems to have any functionality worth the hassle.

·
Registered
419 Posts
From what I've been able to puzzle out you would need to downgrade to a Note 4 or a S6 to get the Hondalink App to work. And even then it would probably still be a carpshoot.

FWIW, I tried the factory reset (only had the truck a week, so not much to lose). It made no difference with an S8.

Ed
Geez the acronyms are killing me (FWIW). You must be a former IBM SSR or CE if you're old school , LOL.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
68 Posts
Has anyone been successful in setting up Hondalink on a 2020 Ridgeline? I have tried several times now and it never seems to complete the process.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
330 Posts
If you are talking about the phone app, yes, I've done it, and it's a complete waste of time. The app doesn't do anything for you, except it's a handy place to get your vin from your phone when you need it.
It gives you warnings when there is something that needs to be done, but Your truck does the same.
You can't do any of the cool stuff other Hondas can do like start your vehicle from anywhere.- Yea I want this feature!

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
68 Posts
Ok thanks. I can’t even get it to populate the mileage and still haven’t found HondaLink on the info center as shown in the set up.

·
Registered
760 Posts
If you are talking about the phone app, yes, I've done it, and it's a complete waste of time. The app doesn't do anything for you, except it's a handy place to get your vin from your phone when you need it.
It gives you warnings when there is something that needs to be done, but Your truck does the same.
You can't do any of the cool stuff other Hondas can do like start your vehicle from anywhere.- Yea I want this feature!
Have an app for our Lexus GX460 SUV that starts it from anywhere, can lock/unlock the doors, check if doors are locked or windows are open (don't think it controls windows though) and tracks the vehicle. It's kinda cool, though the rest of the electronic gadgetry on that vehicle is a little old-school

·
Administrator
14,022 Posts
Even when functioning 100%, HondaLink app offers only the following features in the Ridgeline:
  • Shows the vehicle's odometer, distance to empty, and maintenance minders
  • Find, save, and send locations to the navigation system
  • Shows where your vehicle was parked
HondaLink has never worked reliably (or at all) in any of the half-dozen or so Hondas I've owned that have had that feature. The app would often open itself on my phone unnecessarily after starting the vehicle. In my opinion, HondaLink is a useless, wasteful, frustrating, maddening, and annoying feature that should either be discontinued or fixed.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts