Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would argue, with the exception of luxury vehicles, all weather mats should be standard, especially in trucks and SUVs. We are supposed to be living in a 'Green' World, but lets face it, all those carpet floor mats that don't need to be made in the first place - shouldn't be made if we care about pollution on any level. They are worthless to almost everyone, and those that don't swap them out, probably wouldn't complain if they had all weather mats - and how many people would 'upgrade' to carpet if they didn't have them? Very few I'd bet.
You are correct, as far as I am concerned I would never put carpet in any vehicle, case in point, I went down a trim level in my 350 just to get vinyl instead of carpet.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I would argue, with the exception of luxury vehicles, all weather mats should be standard, especially in trucks and SUVs. We are supposed to be living in a 'Green' World, but lets face it, all those carpet floor mats that don't need to be made in the first place - shouldn't be made if we care about pollution on any level. They are worthless to almost everyone, and those that don't swap them out, probably wouldn't complain if they had all weather mats - and how many people would 'upgrade' to carpet if they didn't have them? Very few I'd bet.
Our Ridgeline came with the all-weather mats installed and we have the carpet floor mats stored some place around here? While we are in the process of moving, when I come across them I suppose somebody could have them. Otherwise, I guess they would look good if we ever decide to sell our Saffie?

Bill

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Our Ridgeline came with the all-weather mats installed and we have the carpet floor mats stored some place around here? While we are in the process of moving, when I come across them I suppose somebody could have them. Otherwise, I guess they would look good if we ever decide to sell our Saffie?

Bill
Yea, mine are around here someone too, I'm betting they will end up as landfill never have been used

·
Registered
451 Posts
My top 5 useful accessories in no particular order:
  • Roof rack
  • All season floor liners
  • Mud flaps
  • Phone mount
  • Hitch mounted bed extender

·
Registered
77 Posts
Number 1, all weather floor matts should really be Summer floor mats, to be displaced to Winter floor mats.

Numbers 2 through 5 are truly personal choice I would avoid.
Here’s my list to tear apart:
A. Hood protector. There are just too many stones on the road that get flung up creating stone chips.
B. OEM colour~coded Body Side mouldings. No matter how far away you park from the rabble, invariably some schlub parks right next to you & opens his door too close. This is a must have.
C. Rear Bumper that fits into the trailer hitch. Invariably you will back into something or some schmuck will back into you. $5500.00 damage to my RL when this mini van driver backed into my RL. Get the biggest, beefiest one you can stand. You’ll thank me for it later.
D. 2012-2014 Ford Focus Sunscreen reflector. The Focus one fits, & fills the RL windshield almost perfectly.
Great comments! So what Rear Bumper do you recommend? I've never really considered getting one, but you make a good argument for it.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
My top 5 useful accessories in no particular order:
  • Roof rack
  • All season floor liners
  • Mud flaps
  • Phone mount
  • Hitch mounted bed extender
Roof racks
Hmmm
Can you convince me on your decision?
Not agreeing or disagreeing, as individualizing your ride is such a personal thing and I appreciate all that add things to make it work for them.
Do you travel a lot and carry things on them? Ski perhaps?
I thought about them a little but didn't like the finished package as compared to racks on an SUV.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Lots of great ideas being shared. Going to look into a hard-shell tonneau cover next. Going to research the Honda vs the Bak, etc. One other accessory I've done that makes a world of difference is installing LED bulbs in the bed lamps as well as the license lamps.

·
Registered
Obsidian Blue Pearl 2021 RTL-E
88 Posts
I'd jump on the Proclip in a second, but it really looks like I'd have to modify it, as you can only see about 70% of your phone when driving. Is this true? The pictures they show never actually take from the driving position. Do you guys have a real world pic of it installed?
Here is the view I have from the driver's seat, with my phone in my ProClip mount, Torque Pro on the display.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Trip computer Motor vehicle

Reactions: Jimaa66

·
Registered
2022 BE PWP
233 Posts
Here is the view I have from the driver's seat, with my phone in my ProClip mount, Torque Pro on the display.

View attachment 426146
That is an offset mount, right? I can see the main bracket to the left of the phone. I use mine in vertical, and I needed the offset.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
It's rather pricey, once you add in the extras that should come with it. But...we need a good place for our phones.
I still think the car companies should include a mount location.
Thanks for the pics

·
Registered
88 Posts
That is an offset mount, right? I can see the main bracket to the left of the phone. I use mine in vertical, and I needed the offset.
Here is exactly what I ordered.

2021 Obsidian Blue RTL-E

Reactions: HeavyDuty

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's rather pricey, once you add in the extras that should come with it. But...we need a good place for our phones.
I still think the car companies should include a mount location.
Thanks for the pics
Yes, they are not cheap. But I don't want to go back to a suction cup/vent clip/CD slot phone holder after using this. Especially since I like to have the gauges in view.

2021 Obsidian Blue RTL-E

·
Registered
451 Posts
Roof racks
Hmmm
Can you convince me on your decision?
Not agreeing or disagreeing, as individualizing your ride is such a personal thing and I appreciate all that add things to make it work for them.
Do you travel a lot and carry things on them? Ski perhaps?
I thought about them a little but didn't like the finished package as compared to racks on an SUV.
Truth = I don't use it but maybe monthly; but when you need it, you need it. For me it's for a canoe, and my tendency to do a lot of home improvement projects that require hauling boards, pipes, conduit, etc. If I didn't use it, I wouldn't get it for looks.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Great comments! So what Rear Bumper do you recommend? I've never really considered getting one, but you make a good argument for it.
On another post someone recommended a shock-absorbing receiver-mount bumper. I'd like to see independent testing, but it made a lot of sense. Apparently just having the receiver increases risk of injury from a rear-end collision because it takes the force and transfers it directly through the vehicle, without the benefit of the shock-absorbing design. The extra bumpers can make that even worse, so getting one designed to absorb some of the force might be a good idea. The other poster recommended the 424 Sparebumper https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075KHSKM...olid=3P2D4VG0CEA9L&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

61 - 80 of 82 Posts